Fuel for Your Work Life: The Top Ten of 2018
I’m more than a little obsessed with identifying reading (and listening) material, that can strengthen your work life.
If you’d like to receive monthly “Top Picks” — books, articles, podcasts, videos, quotes or visuals that have caught my eye — subscribe. (You should see a handy pop-up form.)
Meanwhile, here are 10 of my favorites from 2018:
- The 10X Lesson, Seth Godin.
- How to Identify and Tell Your Most Powerful Stories, Nancy Duarte.
- Belief is Your Next Wicked Leadership Problem. Here’s How to Solve It, Neil Bedwell.
- How to Find the Person to Help You Get Ahead at Work, Carla Harris, TED Talks.
- The Business Case for Engagement That All CEOs Must Read, Benjamin Schneider.
- Vacation is a Poor Substitute for Leisure, Paul Millerd.
- The Disrupt Yourself Podcast, Whitney Johnson.
- Build an A Team: Play to Their Strengths and Lead Them Up the Learning Curve, Whitney Johnson.
- How Winning Organizations Last 100 Years, Alex Hill, Liz Mellon & Jules Goddard.
- Resilience is About How We Recharge: Not How We Endure, Shaun Achor & Michelle Gielan.
Recommended book* pick of the month. Why this pick? You might think that marketing isn’t applicable to your work life, but you would be absolutely wrong! Seth Godin explains why — in no uncertain terms.