Glass Processor Allegion is seeking a Glass Processor to fulfill a full-time position in Perrysburg, OH, at our Technical Glass Products facility. The Glass Processor is responsible for all glass processing operations.
Duties include, but not limited to, glass cutting, glass grinding and sanding, preparing and constructing insulated glass units and laminating products in glass production area. This is a fantastic opportunity to advance your career and grow with a company who takes care of our employees. If you have a passion for hands-on work and are ready to dive into a new opportunity - apply today!
Responsibilities of the Glass Processor
- Documents the operations performed.
- Inspects completed operations for quality, accuracy and quantity.
- Maintains all machines as recommended by the manufacturer and as directed.
- Monitors machine operations as parts are processed, to insure quality and accuracy.
- Allocate material used to the proper pick-list.
- Locate & position material as required from the storage racks to the appropriate processing area.
- Prioritize and schedule operations to ensure on-time delivery per requirements.
- Apply quality standards as required for each product type.
- Cut, pack, transfer and safely handle glass product without damaging the product.
- Fabricate (edging, drill, prepare, construct, laminate, etch) glass and insulated glass product.
- Cut all wood and paper products as required for packing.
- Use manual and power tools.
Qualifications of the Glass Processor
- High School diploma.
- Forklift experience required.
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
- Glass fabrication and handling experience preferred.
Skill set of the Glass Processor
- Provide high quality internal customer service.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow cut list dimensions.
- Able to complete assigned tasks in a limited time frame.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Remains alert in a high risk environment.
- Assesses priorities to determine what is urgently needed.
- Maintains schedule and tasks in spite of interruptions.
Employment type: full-time, hourly
Work Hours: 6:00 am - 2:30 pm, 40 hours per week required with opportunity for overtime hours.
Why work at Allegion:
At Allegion, you can be a part of a dynamic, collaborative and increasingly global work environment. As the world of security evolves, our research and development organization stays one step ahead, creating new solutions to new challenges. Ideas matter here, and we nurture them by minimizing bureaucracy, and encouraging personal initiative. Our values guide us every day, empowering our employees to do what they do best. We prize strong performers, creative risk-takers, and progressive leaders - valuing our employees' contributions, and recognizing them publicly. As a company that's constantly seeking and discovering new frontiers, we're looking for pioneers. TGP/Allegion believes that an excellent benefits package demonstrates our commitment to the well-being and future development of our team. We care about your success.
When you work with us, you can expect:
Immediate Medical Coverage Generous Vacation and Sick Leave 401(K) with 6% Match that Vests Immediately HSA with Employer Contributions up to $1,000 per Year, Depending Upon Participation.
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here for special accommodation. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.