Analytical ChemistANDERSON DEVELOPMENT COMPANY
Anderson Development Company is seeking an Analytical Chemist for our Adrian, MI facility. Anderson Development Company is an award-winning, innovative specialty chemical manufacturer. Our materials are used to protect the car you drive, to allow the machinery you use to last longer and to enable the major semiconductor companies to produce their cutting edge chips for your cell phone or computer. We're committed to providing solutions by working closely with our customers to solve their toughest problems.
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for utilizing various analytical chemistry techniques to support the Quality, Research & Development and Manufacturing teams. The following are key responsibilities of this position:
* Developing analytical methods to support existing and new business.
* Leading instrument validations and non-conformity investigations.
* Utilizing tools such as Gage R&R's to evaluate analytical performance.
* Reporting the findings of investigations and validations via written procedures and reports.
* Characterizing or identifying known and unknown materials for non-routine support of existing and new business using quantitative and/or qualitative techniques.
* Communicating with Quality, Manufacturing and R&D personnel to address material issues.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills: The following is required for this position:
* Possess a Master's Degree in Chemistry or related field with a minimum of three years of experience.
* Demonstrated experience in method development / validation.
* Proficiency in determining material issues, characterizing or identifying known and unknown materials.
* Fundamental understanding of analytical instrumentation (GC, LC, GPC, FTIR, viscometers, extrusion plastometers and titrators) and experience of identifying and implementation of the appropriate analytical methods.
* Knowledge of a wide range of analytical techniques in support of our Quality, Manufacturing and R&D Departments.
* Proven instrument troubleshooting skills.
* Experience in developing and writing procedures / reports for investigations, method development and gage R&R's.
* Travel may be required on an infrequent basis.
Additional Experience Preferred: The following experience is not required, but is preferred.
* LIMS experience including system management, setup/programming.
* Polymer testing experience. Anderson Development Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.