Associate Director, Housing & Administration Office of Residence LifeBGSU
The Associate Director for Housing & Administration plays a key role in retention through their responsibility for overseeing all major functions of housing occupancy management for the on-campus buildings, including academic year processes for residence hall and Greek students, as well as summer camps and conference programs. Other responsibilities include the housing contract management process, overall supervision and management of housing and conference staff, strategic planning of residence hall space utilization, communications and information technology functions related to housing, and establishing departmental customer service policies and procedures. The Associate Director directly supervises 1-2 full-time administrative staff and indirectly supervises two classified staff members This position has many other related duties and is in Bowling Green Ohio. Deadline to apply: December 14, 2018
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Overall management and supervision of housing management, to support retention efforts, including all housing allocation processes and sign-up for all incoming and current students.
- Overall management and supervision of camps and conference programs, Greek housing and Early Arrival/move-in processes.
- Overall management and supervision of departmental customer service policies and procedures.
- Oversee residence hall space management and strategic planning.
- Overall management of housing software system including implementation and on-going maintenance.
- Functional lead for Information Technology Projects and Student Financial correspondence (ex: unpaid housing process, initial housing payments).
- Serve on senior leadership team of Residence Life for overall support and management of the Residence Life Department under direction of Director. Participates in the Senior Staff on-call duty rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal)
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people, both with the Student Affairs Division and all other areas within the University
- Strong problem solving and dispute resolution skills
- Ability to conduct detailed and complex capacity analysis
- Problem solving skills; especially demonstrating creativity and innovation
- Policy analysis experience and expertise
- Ability to manage multiple responsibility centers
- Ability to read, analyze and advise on large quantities of material
- Ability to set priorities and work on multiple projects regularly
- Supervisory experience
- Computer skills (Microsoft software experience - spreadsheet, word processing, database, email, and internet applications such as StarRez)
Master's Degree required, preferably in College Student Personal, Higher Education, Human Resources, Business or related field.
The following experience is also required:
- 2-3 years of experience working in housing administration or a residence life operation
- 2 years of experience working with conferences
- 2 years supervisory responsibility of graduate or professional staff
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 357. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Full-time, Administrative Staff position available. For instructions on how to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.