Campus Operations Work schedule: Full time 40 hours per week position. Straight 8 hour shifts. Rotating swift shift, working weekends and holidays.
Position Summary: Under general supervision from stationary engineer, building maintenance supervisor or maintenance supervisor, operates high pressure boiler equipment, inspects, cleans maintains, repairs boiler equipment & performs relate plumbing & steam fitting.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Operates high pressure boiler, pumps and related equipment (i.e. carrying pressure exceeding 15 pounds per square inch) and maintains log.
* Inspects, cleans, maintains & performs minor repairs on high pressure boilers, pumps, & related equipment.
* Performs steam fitting & plumbing duties as related to boiler maintenance.
* Performs miscellaneous tasks (i.e. keeps boiler room clean, makes inspection rounds).
* This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of basic science and scientific methods.
* Knowledge of basic mathematical skills.
* Knowledge of basic reading skills.
* Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions.
* Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written.
* Detailed-oriented and highly accurate.
* Ability to work in a high stress, fast paced, changing environment.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately.
* Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities.
* Knowledge of basic computer skills.
* Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query.
* Ability to query, run reports, and modify data in financial system(s)
* Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems including scanning and filing documents.
* Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers and/or tape and disk drives.
* Ability to draft office correspondence.
Minimum Qualifications Experience:
* Three to six months related experience required Education.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Licensed as high-pressure boiler operator.
* Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and be insurable under the University's insurance.
Salary Full-time Classified staff position. Pay Grade 27/$18.20 Full benefit package available.
BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call (419) 372-8421.