Bowling Green State University Position Summary The Marketing Strategist position requires an individual with the ability to assist campus partners in defining and achieving objectives and outcomes that reinforce the University and College's strategic plans, both internally and externally. This position reports and works from the Firelands campus in Huron, Ohio.
- Interfacing with campus partners at BGSU Firelands to clearly understand their objectives and outcomes, recommending appropriate tactics within the budget allotted, and managing the project through completion.
- Under the supervision of the BGSU Firelands' Director of Enrollment Management and with a "dotted line" reporting to the Office of Marketing and Brand Strategy's Director of Marketing Strategy, directing the production of print, electronic, video and web-based communications to support assigned project requests in conjunction with individuals and offices throughout the Firelands campus. This includes copywriting and collaborating on creative concepts.
- Maintaining overall consistency in marketing messages with a focus on aligning campus partner goals with institutional goals.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Marketing and communications specialist
- Act as liaison between BGSU Firelands, the Office Marketing and Brand Strategy and assigned University colleges and departments for marketing and communications needs.
- Formulate tactics to help University clients achieve objectives and outcomes.
- Consult with and advise campus partners regarding project and program objectives and outcomes, and how this integrates with larger University goals and complements other programs.
- Work collaboratively with web developers, graphic designers, photographers, videographers, writers, social media team and advertising director.
- Recommend methods within the allotted budget to meet those needs while advancing the University's mission.
- Implement the proposed methods.
- Direct projects while meeting multiple deadlines that result in client satisfaction, maintaining quality control and consistent standards, conveying clearly the University's image.
- Create compelling marketing copy across multiple mediums that clearly communicates client and University objectives in a manner that appeals to defined audiences. This includes persuasive email copy and subject lines, clear and concise website copy, and messages for digital screens, social media and other platforms across campus. Evaluate copy against University and Associated Press standards and ensure copy this is free of grammar and style errors.
- Assist in planning and coordinating special events and other public events on and off campus, both in-person and virtual. Collaborate with event team on event format and messaging; work with creative team and outreach team within Marketing and Brand Strategy to brand and promote the event through internal and external channels
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Broad understanding of marketing and communications principles
- Familiarity and proven abilities with various media options including print production and electronic methods, particularly email marketing
- Strong copywriting skills with knowledge of AP style
- Collaborative work style
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to meet timely and crucial deadlines
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have initiative, creativity and decisiveness
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- How have you incorporated equity, diversity, and/or inclusion into your current or a previous position?
Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, advertising or communications-related field. Successful candidate must have Bachelor's degree conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 3 or more years of marketing and project management experience, including experience building strategic marketing and communications plans
- 3 or more years of demonstrated writing experience across all communication channels, including websites, email marketing, social media and print marketing materials, with strong knowledge of AP style and proper grammar
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skilled multitasker with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to work with various constituency groups
- Ability to recommend appropriate marketing tactics for desires, goals and outcomes
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 355. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
BGSU AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.