A/V SpecialistBGSU Office of Human Resources
Bowling Green State University is a tier-one, public university serving 19,000 students on two campuses in northwest Ohio. The University has nationally recognized programs and research in the natural and social sciences, education, arts, business, health and wellness, humanities and applied technologies. BGSU seeks talented individuals to join our community in Bowling Green, Ohio, recognized as one of the “Best College Towns of America.”
Work Schedule: Work is primarily 2nd shift work from 2pm-11pm Tuesday-Saturday (with a 1 hour lunch) except during occasional off peak periods.
Position Summary: Provides customer service assistance and resolves problems for clients, business people, government officials and the general public to ensure that scheduled conferences, events, and meetings have proper set-up, audio-visual equipment, and direct staff support to ensure a high-level of customer service is provided.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and provide support and assistance in the area of operating, researching, maintaining, supporting and promoting AV systems.
- Sets up equipment and provides technical support for conferences and college events. Coordinates the use and scheduling of audio/visual materials.
- Provides technical and resource assistance to faculty, staff and clients of BGSU. Informs users of facilities capabilities and trains faculty, staff and clients in the use of audio/visual technologies.
- Delivers audio/visual equipment to meetings, classrooms, and common spaces, including setup and operation of public address systems. Provides on-the-spot repair, adjustment and training to users.
- Provides maintenance, diagnoses malfunctions and performs minor repairs for television, projection and audio/visual equipment. Expedites repairs through vendors for major audio/visual malfunctions.
- Maintains records and files. Prepares reports and memos.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Ability to effectively utilize audio/visual equipment
- Ability to operate hand and/or power tools appropriate to the trade
- Good customer service skills and have the ability to make timely decisions under pressure situations
- One year related experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
Full-time, Classified staff position available. Pay Grade 26/$16.53. Full benefit package available.
Full-time, Classified Staff position available. For instructions on how to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.