Independently provides a range of accounting functions to support the School/Department. Monitors, reconciles and reports on monthly School/Department budgets, grants and/or other relevant financial data. Provides overall accounting and clerical support for day-to-day operations of the School/Departments. Audits School/Department records. Communicates financial policies and procedures to the School/Department.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Under general supervision from the Director of the School of Art and the Chair of the Department of Theater and Film;
- Develops and tracks budgets, initiates and reconciles budget transactions (including journal entries, department transfers, revenue and orders), compiles and distributes financial reports.
- Participates in internal auditing of School/Department financial records to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Interprets, applies and communicates University, state and federal policies and procedures.
- Acts as School/Department liaison between budget administrators, faculty, staff and students for the resolution of financial matters related to University business (e.g., travel grants and research).
- Procures supplies and services on behalf of the School/Department. Collects cash, prepares deposits, manages credit card receipts and prepares box office reports.
The above statements are not intended to include all responsibilities, duties and skills, but rather to describe the general nature and level of work.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detail-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, staff, and the public and representBGSU appropriately
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, (excel) spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to accurately receive and record revenue whether currency, credit cards, checks, or other payment forms
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
Responsibility for Student Workers
- Provides work direction and may select, hire, schedule and provide formal feedback
- Ability to draft office correspondence.
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you may be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- Reflect on a time when you advocated for something related to equity, diversity, and/or inclusion.
- Six months to one- year related experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
Full-time, Classified staff position available. Classified Pay Grade 26/$17.19. Full benefit package available.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.