Administrative AssistantBGSU Office of Human Resources
Bowling Green State University is a tier-one, public university serving 19,000 students on two campuses in northwest Ohio. The University has nationally recognized programs and research in the natural and social sciences, education, arts, business, health and wellness, humanities and applied technologies. BGSU seeks talented individuals to join our community in Bowling Green, Ohio, recognized as one of the “Best College Towns of America.”
The Administrative Assistant for Graduate and Executive Programs in Business provides management, administrative and program support for the Executive Master of Organization Development, the Doctorate in Organization Development & Change, and the Master in Accountancy programs. Assists with recruiting, provides academic program information to students and also manages the EMOD, MAcc, and DODC student application, matriculation, and registration process. Responsible for general office administration, including the direct supervision of 2-4 graduate assistants, and 2-4 student employees. Manages EMOD, GEPB Operating budgets, including bill processing and payments, and budget reconciliation. Develops processes and policies as appropriate to manage business processes and client services.
Provides administrative support for the Associate Dean of the College of Business Administration and Director and Assistant Director of Graduate and Executive Programs in Business as needed. Reports to the Assistant Director, Graduate and Executive Programs in Business. Deadline to apply: March 8, 2019.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manages EMOD, MAcc and DODC student enrollment and related administrative functions including processing student application, admission, matriculation, and registration. Screen problems and obtain files to resolve issues in a satisfactory manner. Coordinates processes with Graduate College, Registration & Records, Bursar, Continuing & Extended Education, and other university offices.
- Budget Management: responsible for budgets for the EMOD program as well as the GEPB Operating budget. This includes: preparing revenue and expense reports, budget reconciliation, travel expense reports, budget transfers, payment orders, purchase orders, purchase requisitions, international wire transfers, non-employee and supplemental payment forms.
- Provides administrative support to the Director and Assistant Director of the GEPB as well as the Associate Dean of the GEPB.
- Registers EMOD, MAcc, and DODC students for classes. Informs them of registration issues, course schedules, and class locations. Provides "one-stop" service environment for EMOD and DODC students by acting as their primary contact regarding all University related issues.
- Initiates and maintains student and program files. Maintains program databases, runs reports, updates students records, monitors student status toward graduation, updates degree audit information, processes applications for graduation.
- Weekend staff support for Executive MOD and DODC classes held Friday/Saturday/Sunday off campus (monthly). Manages logistics for weekend programs, including: arranges for catering, rooms and access to facilities and services; assures executive-level services.
- Supervises, selects and hires student employees. Submit and approve time reports for student employees. Supervise Graduate Assistants and coordinates with Graduate College and Student Employment.
- Coordinates activities for all Full-Time programs during Graduate Orientation Week.
- Data collection and data entry for AACSB Data Direct surveys.
- Provides support for course evaluation administration for all courses.
- Orders supplies.
Essential Competencies and Skills
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
One year related experience required.
High school diploma or GED required.
Classified Pay Grade 26/$16.53
Full-time, Classified Staff position available. For instructions on how to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.