Administrative Assistant - PCCO
Provides day-to-day administrative support to the Planning, Construction and Campus Operations (PCCO) areas. Greets and directs visitors at the Central Services Building as well as acts as the Building Ambassador. Responsible for the recruitment process of new employees. Acts as a backup for the Help Desk Coordinators. Maintains budget information using Purchasing Card, including transaction reconciliation, and running monthly budget reports. Enters requisitions for supplies and maintains an inventory of all supplies, copiers, equipment, uniforms, and cellular phones needed for PCCO. Schedules departmental and individual meetings and reserves meeting spaces. Works on special projects as needed.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- As the Central Services Building Ambassador, maintains office equipment and troubleshoots issues. Requests repairs and services as necessary for the building and equipment.
- Posts advertisements for personnel positions, schedules phone and in-person interview(s), performs reference checks, and assists with recruitment and onboarding efforts of new PCCO employees. Maintains organizational charts and departmental list serves.
- Responsible for maintaining the PCCO web pages.
- Maintains inventories for office supplies, orders supplies, boxes for logistics for campus departmental moves, etc.
- Reconciles departmental purchasing card.
- Runs weekly Supplemental Payroll Review Reports for approval. Assists with monthly utility reports.
- Creates requisitions and submits invoices for payment and receives and reviews financial documents in the Financial Management System (FMS).
- Responsible for ordering and disseminating all uniforms and departmental cellular phones for Campus Operations.
- Responsible for golf cart rentals and rental process for campus special events.
- Manages and monitors calendars for upcoming meetings and events for all PCCO staff.
- Creates and maintains reports on the fuel management system and maintains current user access removing and adding users as needed.
- Serves as liaison for the department with other University offices and the public. Manages business functions for the department. Investigates and responds to inquiries.
- Coordinates the emergency response plan for the Central Services Building occupants.
- Assists with Help Desk functions as needed, answering phones, directing vendors, contractors, and staff members, and providing support with all daily functions.
- May hire and supervise student employees
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing
- Detail-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query, and operate computer peripheral equipment, such as printers
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning, and filing documents
- Ability to draft office correspondence
The following experience is required
- One-year related experience required
The following education is required
- High school diploma or GED required
Full-time, Classified staff position available, pay grade 26/$18.38 – $20.09. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘September 20, 2023’.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
Why work at BGSU?
Full-time BGSU employees enjoy an array of exceptional benefits, including:
- Quality, affordable health insurance: Various coverage options available for health, vision and dental starting the first day of the month following your date of employment.
- Generous paid time off: Vacation, holidays, sick days and more.
- Excellent work life balance resources: Our Employee Assistance Program offers confidential support to employees and their eligible family members, along with ancillary programs covering identity theft, elder care, legal services and more.
- Tuition fee waivers: For eligible employees, spouses and dependent children.
- Professional development opportunities: For skills training, supervisor and leadership programs, performance management, online courses and online tools for employee growth and development.
- Parental leave: Up to five weeks of paid parental leave for full-time employees with at least 12 months of continuous service.
- Retirement: BGSU offers several options for meeting your retirement goals with a current employer contribution of up to 14% depending on the retirement program selected. Read More about the option that best fits your needs.
Learn more about Bowling Green State University and how we aspire to be the preeminent public university that creates public good in Ohio, the nation and world.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/bgsu or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.