Administrative Assistant - University Advancement
This position provides necessary high-level administrative support to an Assistant Vice President and department of up to 10 staff members. This position is crucial to support the AVP in routine & non-routine daily administrative tasks and responsibilities.
- Coordinates & oversees day-to-day administrative support to the AVP of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving. Manages calendar(s) for meetings and events. Makes travel arrangements.
- Serves as building receptionist, greets and assists alumni and guests. First contact on UA Division phone tree; manages phone tree and point person for phones.
- Prepares correspondence and reports, including those of a confidential nature.
- Submits invoices, purchase orders, requisitions, and receipts on behalf of department staff. Reconciliation of AVP and department staff Pcards. Utilizes Chrome River, Falcons Purch, FMS, Adobe Sign, RENXT, etc.
- Support for departmental searches, utilizing NeoEd to post jobs and facilitate search process.
- Orders and maintains inventories for department and division supplies.
- Provides event support, as needed.
- One-year related experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate or bachelor degree preferred.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘June 2, 2023’.
BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer . We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421 or