The University Libraries (UL) at Bowling Green State University (BGSU) seek an innovative, dynamic, and collaborative leader to serve in a tenure-track faculty position as the Head Librarian for the Music Library and Bill Schurk Sound Archives (ML/BSSA). The selected candidate must have a passion for engaging users, promoting use of the collection, information literacy, enriching the campus curriculum through student use of resources and forging strong relationships with internal and external constituents. This position reports to the Chair of Special Collections. ALA-accredited Master’s degree and 3-5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in a library or archive. For detailed description & qualifications, visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/.
12-month, tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor. Competitive salary in keeping with peer institution libraries for rank and candidate’s experience and credentials. This position is available beginning July 1, 2020. Final candidate(s) are required to authorize & pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. BGSU is an AA/EO institution.
The deadline for recruitment has been extended to February 7, 2020. If you have already applied to this position, you will remain in the pool of applicants and you do not need to reapply.
• Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited institution to be conferred at time of application
• Bachelor’s degree in music
• 3-5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in a library or archive
• Demonstrated supervisory experience
• Master’s degree in music
• Experience with strategic planning and assessment of services and programs
• Experience with collection management and effective stewardship of collections
• Experience with fundraising, donor relations, and outreach
• Experience teaching at university level
• Record of successful grant-funded projects
• Experience with tools for managing and providing access to digital assets and collections
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace