Assistant Store ManagerBGSU Office of Human Resources
The primary purposes of this position are to (1) assist with operational leadership, workforce planning & team development, customer service, public relations, business development and sales, inventory management, and promotion & event planning. (2) Manage all aspects of the eCommerce web store, and (3) source and order custom products and general books for departments on campus, student organizations and community groups.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Management Team Duties
- Assists with operational leadership, workforce planning & team development, customer service, public relations, business development and sales, inventory management, and promotion & event planning. Hires and trains new employees. Assists with the creation of training manuals and materials and updates them as the roles of store evolves. Works as part of the management team at Falcon Outfitters to mentor, guide, direct, and provide leadership for Classified and student staff members. Assesses the performance of direct reports and completes their bi-annual reviews. Helps set professional and sales oriented goals for direct reports. Serves as the manager on duty by opening and closing the store, prepping for daily operations, and for special events when needed. May be called upon to assist with the management of other Business Operations offices. Works a flexible schedule (including nights and weekends) depending on the needs of the store.
Manages all aspects of the Webstore
- Periodically researches and compares new web hosts for the web store which can integrate with the current POS system in the physical store. Makes recommendations on new host and build the new webstore as needed.
- Hires and manages a cohesive team of personnel to ensure success of the online store, which includes: order fulfillment, customer service, website design, web analytics, web content, and user experience. Mentors and manages the team members with a focus on their performance, and their role in the profitability of the online store. Works with various other department colleagues for online merchandising, online promotional campaigns, and online marketing.
- Collects and analyzes traffic and customer patterns data to enhance the customer experience within the site. Devises and implements practices that increase customer retention. Consistently evaluates the site to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of all web content. Identifies new ways to meet and exceed customer expectations and increase sales.
- Works with other department colleagues to create sales-driving promotions/sales and collaborates with the marketing team and outside departments to increase the reach and incorporate social media outlets into the web store’s marketing plan. Communicates with various departments to sell classroom materials on the site. Works closely with the Auxiliary Marketing Coordinator, Merchandise & Inventory Manager, Retail Sales & Customer Service Manager, and Assistant Director of Business Operations to recommend product categories or specific items that are showing increased growth on the site to help drive sales and meet margin objectives.
Facilitates Custom Orders
- Sources and orders product for special orders. Assesses the quality of the goods vs the cost, researches and compares vendors and goods. Cultivates positive relationships with vendors to ensure high quality products are ordered at the lowest costs possible. Identifies opportunities to expand the current customer base to increase volume of orders.
- Assists with developing a marketing strategy to cater to student groups. Attends events inside and outside of the University to expand the custom products business. Collaborates with the marketing team to market to new groups and organizations. Maintains and expands the current client list each year.
- Provides constant customer service via e-mail, phone and in-person meetings with various departments, faculty members, student organizations and community groups.
- Handles requests for books for community and on-campus events. Works in partnership with departments and groups to enhance their book events by offering books for pre-sale in the physical and online stores and coordinates personnel to sell books at the event. Sources and orders the books for the lowest price possible to keep profitable margins. Researches current book trends and makes recommendations for target audiences.
Oversees the WebCheck Fingerprinting service
- Adheres to the standards and guidelines outlined by the Ohio BCI office to remain a compliant WebCheck facility. As needed, institutes new protocols and guidelines to reduce the number of background checks that have to be redone due to incorrect check codes. Regularly meets with student staff to reinforce these guidelines and coach them on proper procedures. Corresponds with faculty members and departments on current background check policies, to ensure their students have the most current information on the check codes and the fingerprinting process.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Juggle multiple projects is necessary
Associate’s Degree. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 1-2 years retail sales or customer service
Associate’s Degree in business or closely related field.
The following experience is preferred:
- Staff supervision experience
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 352. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: November 14, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.