Assistant to the Executive Director - Center for Advanced Manufacturing and Logistics
Provides support to the Executive Director in matters of administrative operations including oversight and management of operating and personnel budgets within the division, administration responsibilities including monitoring of all activities within the office; assists the Executive Director with special projects as assigned. The position will also coordinate activities with partners signed on to the Center’s operating agreement.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinates, collects and prepares budget-related materials and provides preliminary review of budget requests; prepares budget information for Executive Director, Center for Advanced Manufacturing and Logistics and center management; monitors expenditures made against all salary and operating budgets and maintains records of such expenditures, as required. Ensures the accuracy and legitimacy of all expenditures within the Center to adhere to university policy and procedure. Makes budget recommendations to the Executive Director relative to budget allocations to other units. Collects data to prepare a budget analysis and advises the Executive Director on short-term and long-term financial planning.
- Provides primary executive support to the Executive Director and as needed, other management. Responsible for administrative operations and the scheduling of meetings: handles problems, resolves issues keeps supervisor informed of problems and subsequent resolutions: responsible for correspondence to various internal and external constituencies.
- Monitors the Center's communications strategy to increase awareness of the Center’s accomplishments in developing talent, assisting businesses, and related activities; and tracks the Center’s engagement and programming activities including open and completed projects. Assists with updating the Center's websites and print materials; interacts with partnering institutions, faculty and academic departments to identify stories to be told and data to be captured and reported.
- Prepares and coordinates personnel action forms, supplemental payment forms and bonus forms, including obtaining appropriate signature in collaboration with appropriate offices.
- Performs day-to-day operational duties including P Card transactions and entries, Chrome River entries, Falcons Purch transactions, entries and requisitions, etc. Inventories and orders supplies for Center.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability and commitment to work effectively with diverse constituencies, including faculty, staff, community leaders, donors
- Proficiency with computer software applications, including graphics, databases, word processing, publication and presentation software
- Knowledge of and experience with online accounting systems (FMS, WRL)
The following Degree is required:
- Bachelor’s degree. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Public Relations or related field preferred
The following Experience is required:
- 3 years of experience in an administrative operations position (communications, budgeting, and/or project management)
- 1 year of experience working in higher education preferred
Full-time Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘June 5, 2023’.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.
Why work at BGSU?
Full-time BGSU employees enjoy an array of exceptional benefits, including:
- Quality, affordable health insurance: Various coverage options available for health, vision and dental starting the first day of the month following your date of employment.
- Generous paid time off: Vacation, holidays, sick days and more.
- Excellent work life balance resources: Our Employee Assistance Program offers confidential support to employees and their eligible family members, along with ancillary programs covering identity theft, elder care, legal services and more.
- Tuition fee waivers: For eligible employees, spouses and dependent children.
- Professional development opportunities: For skills training, supervisor and leadership programs, performance management, online courses and online tools for employee growth and development.
- Parental leave: Up to five weeks of paid parental leave for full-time employees with at least 12 months of continuous service.
- Retirement: BGSU offers several options for meeting your retirement goals with a current employer contribution of up to 14% depending on the retirement program selected. Read more about the option that best fits your needs.
Learn more about Bowling Green State University and how we aspire to be the preeminent public university that creates public good in Ohio, the nation and world.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/bgsu or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.