Assistant to the Vice President / Budget Administrator
Provides support to the Vice President in matters of administrative operations including oversight and management of operating and personnel budgets within the division, administration responsibilities including monitoring of all activities within the office; assists the Vice President with special projects as assigned.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinates, collects and prepares budget-related materials and provides preliminary review of budget requests; prepares budget information for Vice President for Research and Economic Engagement and departmental management; monitors expenditures made against all salary and operating budgets and maintains records of such expenditures, as required. Ensures the accuracy and legitimacy of all expenditures within the division to adhere to university policy and procedure. Makes budget recommendations to the Vice President relative to budget allocations to other units. Collects data to prepare a budget analysis and advises the Vice President on short-term and long-term financial planning.
- Provides primary executive support to the Vice President and as needed, his divisional management. Responsible for administrative operations and the scheduling of meetings: handles problems, resolves issues keeps supervisor informed of problems and subsequent resolutions: responsible for correspondence to various internal and external constituencies.
- Plans, implements, and monitors the division's communications strategy to increase awareness of BGSU's activities and accomplishments in research and economic engagement; working in close collaboration with Marketing & Communications, develops, writes, and updates content for all of the division's websites and print materials; interacts with faculty and academic departments to identify stories to be told.
- Prepares and coordinates faculty and staff contract addenda, supplemental payment forms and bonus forms, including obtaining appropriate signature in collaboration with Human Resources, Sponsored Programs & Research, Grants Accounting and the Payroll Office.
- Performs day-to-day operational duties including P Card transactions and entries, Chrome River entries, Falcons Purch transactions, entries and requisitions, etc. Inventories and orders supplies for division.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability and commitment to work effectively with diverse constituencies, including faculty, staff, community leaders, donors
- Proficiency with computer software applications, including graphics, databases, word processing, publication and presentation software
- Knowledge of and experience with online accounting systems (FMS, WRL)
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- Reflect on a time when you advocated for something related to equity, diversity, and/or inclusion.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Public Relations or related field required. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 3 year’s experience in an administrative operations position (communications, budgeting, and/or project management)
The following experience is preferred:
- 1 year experience working in higher education preferred
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 355. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: September 7, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.