Assistant Vice President for Advancement ServicesBGSU Office of Human Resources
The AVP is responsible for overall leadership and direction to frame and execute a full technology roadmap for University Advancement (UA) and the BGSU Foundation. This will include facilitation of a shared and unified approach to constituent relationship management; and, strategic planning and delivery of cost-effective advancement services, systems, solutions and technology supporting BGSU fundraising and engagement goals.
The AVP is responsible for determining and managing alumni/donor data, data analytics reporting and technology adaptation and strategy, leading and directing support services and resources for UA and the BGSU Foundation. The AVP will provide institution-wide collaboration for building an advancement data-informed approach to reporting, analytics and forecasting, working with the academic colleges, units and enterprise ITS to ensure a strategic, integrated program of prospect identification, research and donor/constituent management in support of major fundraising and engagement initiatives.
As a member of the UA leadership team, reporting to the Vice President of University Advancement/President & CEO of the BGSU Foundation, Inc., the AVP will lead Development Systems and Data Services, and Prospect Management, direct the activities of supervisory personnel in the unit, and provide management and guidance in support of University Advancement services operational units. The AVP will collaborate with the BGSU Controller on gift documentation, management and reporting that ensures fulfillment of donor intent.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Advancement Database and Information Systems Technology: Oversees the implementation of a replacement advancement system of record. Assesses the business information and systems needs for University Advancement and the BGSU Foundation and directs technology support services. Monitors and improves the integrity of the information contained in all databases maintaining advancement CRM information; ensures compliance with university policies and consistency with industry best practices; coordinates with functional and departmental systems specialists responsible for advancement data entry, reporting, and business support to units across the institution. Works in cooperation with enterprise ITS to ensure data security. Provides leadership to and management of prospect research to establish and obtain business and technical resources necessary for high-volume production operations and project support. Manages reporting delivery and tools that provide content conducive to data-driven decision making. Proactively seeks technology improvements to optimize fundraising, engagement and reporting. Guides project identification and prioritization, cost effectiveness and training delivery.
- Advancement Information Services: Leads the review and implementation of advancement systems, advancement information reporting and analytics, policies and procedures to support engagement and sustained philanthropy. Evaluates infrastructure needs, including advancement personnel, based on industry best practice models to support effective return on investment. Oversees benchmarking projects that compare BGSU fundraising-related information with that of peer institutions. Provides accurate and timely reporting of fundraising results in a format that enhances proactive fundraising strategies. Interacts with appropriate university administration to further University Advancement goals and resources.
- Development Research and Relationship/Prospect Management: Applies leading-edge research processes, analytics and technology to ensure an accurate and sufficient prospect database that identifies and prioritizes the best prospects. Oversees the prospect management team that supports portfolio evaluation, assignment and relationship management. Assures a continual wealth-screening cycle for the prospect database. Develops and supports, in collaboration with fundraisers, portfolio success measurement tools for use in forecasting and evaluating performance.
- Policy, Procedures and Compliance: Guides policy, in collaboration with Donor Relations and Office of the Controller, with administrative recommendations for gift acceptance, entry and receipting. Assures accurate pledge entry, billing, posting of payments, collections processes, pledge adjustments and write-offs. Establishes procedures to assure that laws, regulations, professional standards and procedures are followed. Directs the timely collection and entry of biographical and contact information in the advancement database. Maintains strong working relationships with all entry points, users and consumers of constituent information including the Bowling Green State University financial infrastructure, BGSU Foundation, Inc. and internal audit.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of major alumni/donor CRM systems such as Ellucian (Banner, Datatel/Benefactor, SCT, Advance, CRM Advance), Blackbaud (Raiser's Edge, NXT, Enterprise CRM), Salesforce solutions, Paciolan, including experience with report writing tools and training others in the use of these tools.
- Knowledge of IT systems fundamentals and audit reporting, as well as diagnosis and resolution of problems associated with advancement database integrity and reporting.
- Knowledgeable in implementation of electronic screening and segmenting initiatives; data formatting and migration in a networked environment.
- Knowledgeable in utilizing standard statistical practices and tools such as SAS, including ability to manipulate, analyze, and interpret data and statistical models.
- Knowledgeable in training others in the use of the above tools and data sets.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in fundraising, engagement, including benchmarking and metrics.
- Supervisory experience at a management level.
- A sound understanding of the BGSU institutional mission and strategy, academic and administrative planning and decision-making processes, policies and procedures would be an asset.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication; demonstrated skill in presenting complex information to groups and individuals in an effective and understandable manner.
- Business analytics within a cross-functional enterprise systems environment; detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills coupled with empathetic listening skills; an ability to thoughtfully consider the perspective of users, constituents and colleagues.
- Ability to interpret customer requests, understand what they need and why, and design and deliver effective solutions.
- Ability to continuously realign all aspects of assigned operations and support services to facilitate and reinforce the effectiveness of strategic plans. This includes realigning key business processes, the organizational structure, management practices, communications, and the development and deployment of staff.
- Strong leadership and team building skills; ability to coach and motivate others; consensus building.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Able to think creatively and strategically to successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally.
- Able to effectively manage cross functional teams, multiple deadlines and tight time constraints.
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information.
Bachelor’s degree required in Information technology, finance/accounting or other related field. Master’s degree preferred. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- Eight years of information technology, fundraising, marketing, finance/accounting or equivalent combination
- Two years supervisory responsibility
The following certifications are preferred:
- ITIL (IT Infrastructural Library certification)
- PMP (Project Management Professional designation/certification)
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 361. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: March 13, 2020
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.