The brand strategist will assist the Director of Brand Strategy and Media Outreach with (1) enhancing University communications to elevate the BGSU brand through telling our story through an aggressive media relations and social media approach (2) linking University communications with key constituencies through media, events, and public relations initiatives. The brand strategist is responsible for researching, writing, proofreading, and editing copy for stories, news releases, web, social media, speeches and internal communications. The position will also assist in developing and pitching stories to the media, responding to media inquiries, planning and coordinating media events, crisis communications, and other public relations initiatives. The position will support internal communications through managing the University calendar, campus update and supporting content generation.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Researching, writing, proofreading and editing content to create engaging text, image and video for BGSU’s primary social media channels
- Researching, writing, proofreading and editing copy for news releases and media "pitches."
- Managing media inquiries and pitching stories to the media.
- Assist in planning and coordination of special events and other public relations activities.
- Assist with crisis communications and public affairs activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of AP style
- Ability to think strategically
- Able to prioritize
- Exercise judgment
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related fields. Degree must be conferred at the time of the application.
The following experience is required:
- 2-4 years writing and general communications experience.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 355. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: July 31, 2020
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.