Responsible for evaluating, testing, implementing, training, documenting and maintaining the PeopleSoft Campus Solution system (CSS), payment facilitation software, e-market environments and other departmental software support systems. This includes updating system tables, gathering and monitoring data, testing of business system processing, and leading system maintenance and upgrade projects. This position will also work with staff to review, design, and document improvements to all internal business processes.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinates, validates and maintains the setup of University approved course and class fees for each academic term. This includes fees across all Board of Trustee approved fee groups.
- Responsible for testing and updating student financials setup tables for tuition and fee income, as well as maintaining setup for cancelling optional fees across multiple system tables.
- Provide direction and systems training for Bursar staff on projects and new procedures involving Student Financial and related support systems. Update manuals and training documentation.
- Responsible for testing and generating monthly student Bursar Bills and charging University Board approved fees (late fees, service charges, etc.).
- Develop complex queries used by Bursar staff, Controllers Office, central Budget Office, Auxiliary units as well as external audit firms with regards to federal/state compliance and Single Audits
- Participates in the selection, testing, implementation and configuration of data systems
- Liaison with Bursar staff and other departments for data system support and problem solving
- Serve as immediate resource person and initial trouble shooter for any Student Financial system related errors and issues.
- Develop, test and implement new pricing models for University wide initiatives such as cohort pricing, new degree initiatives and IPEDS reporting.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Proficient in Excel
- ERP Experience - Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft, Blackbaud, Ellucian
- Report Writing - Query development
- Basic knowledge of good business practices
- Troubleshooting skills
- Basic Accounting
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Computer Science required. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 1-2 years of systems experience with either Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft, Blackbaud, Ellucian or other related systems.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level I54. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: December 4, 2020
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.