Business Operations Coordinator
Accomplishes a wide range of business and administrative functions to support Purchasing, Risk Management, Environmental Health and Safety and other F&A business units as determined necessary. Coordinates, monitors, reconciles and reports on department projects, contracts, and/or other relevant financial and budget data. Communicates financial policies/procedures to the department and assists in completing other relevant administrative and budget management tasks.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordination of Administrative Duties: Serves as Business Operations’ administrative support coordinator. Ensures that all related operational and administrative tasks are completed according to deadlines and dedicates attention and effort to managing offices, calendars, events, meetings and supporting general administrative task completion for the Director of EH&S and Risk Management, the Director and Executive Director of Business Operations and other Business Operations’ staff members as needed. May supervise and schedule student employees for the department.
- Contracts and Reporting: Centrally manages and maintains the expiring vendor contract database and facilitates review and updating with Purchasing staff and departments through regular reporting. Creates extension letters or contract amendments as necessary for review. Monitors and updates RFP calendar for department. In conjunction with the Purchasing Specialists schedules and plans vendor business reviews. Compiles and submits IUC, EPA, MBE/EDGE and other GPO contract/volume reporting on behalf of University. May work on and be responsible for compiling and completing other department summaries such as key performance indicators and or other compliance-related tracking.
- Vehicle Fleet: Monitors and manages university vehicle and title/registration/insurance process to ensure University compliance with federal, state and local laws. Responsible for the Motor Vehicle Reports MVR process: process requests, maintain driving records, manage database, makes insurability decisions, maintains state approvals, enrolls drivers in online training, tracks approved drivers, manages declinations.
- EH&S and Risk: Monitors EH&S and Risk department notifications. Coordinates summary reporting for Environmental Health and Safety. Maintains database of insurance certificates for Risk Management. Receives/electronically files all certificates of insurance for contracts. Responsible for auto insurance program: maintains list, charges annual premium, handles ID cards and packets. Assists with annual insurance premium distribution process: compiles data, processes journals. Communicates with all new employees regarding EHS training requirements. Supports radiation safety: prepares outgoing dosimeters for shipment, processes incoming dosimeters for distribution, maintains monthly radiation reports. Monitors incoming injury reports, manages Compliance Suite software and data import used for annual required reporting, creates annual OSHA/PEERP reports, follows up with incident reporters for required paperwork.
- Budgets: Disseminates, develops and tracks department(s) budgets. Initiates and reconciles budget transactions, including journal entries, department transfers, revenue and orders. Compiles and distributes individualized financial reports, identifies issues and recommends solutions. Processes invoices for payment.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Project tracking capability, great follow- up and good communication skills across a broad range of stakeholders with experience in a mid-large university setting.
Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 2 years’ working in a professional business environment
- 2 or more years of creating budget reports and tracking expenses
- 2 or more years of administrative and/or coordination experience in support of projects and tasks that serve internal customers or maintain compliance
Licenses or certifications:
- Must obtain Notary Public license within first six months of employment in the position
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 352. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘June 30, 2022’.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, flexible work options, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.