College System EvaluatorBGSU Office of Human Resources
College of Technology, Architecture & Applied Engineering
Bowling Green State University
The College System Evaluator provides leadership for the coordination of evaluation of college systems, assessment and accreditation of programs, is an active and creative contributor in the process of institutional and college self-study, and develops new data collection and analysis methods for continuous improvement of the college efficiency and effectiveness beyond student assessment and accreditation. The College System Evaluator collaborates with the Dean, Associate/Assistant Deans, School College System Evaluators and faculty representatives to clarify data needs and develop appropriate reporting protocols from university, external data systems, and new data collection. The College System Evaluator advises the Dean and Associate Deans on matters related to continuous improvement, data-informed decisions, assessment, accreditation, and program, and college efficiency reviews.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Administration and Leadership
- Provide leadership in matters related to unit-wide process evaluation, assessment, accreditation, program reviews, and data management for the College of Technology, Architecture, and Applied Engineering.
- Develop, measure and monitor key performance indicators and identify opportunities for embedding improvement activities in college operations.
- Provide leadership of a small department, unit or major function and/or direct supervision over administrative/professional employees.
- Lead cross-functional committees and work groups to plan and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation a comprehensive and coordinated assessment, accreditation, and reporting cycles within CTAAE including on-line programs
- Manage daily operations with decision-making authority in matters related to assessment and accreditation, state and federal accountability reports, and other operations.
Data Collection, Management and Analytics
- Provide insight into data-informed decisions and performance funding by analyzing university, state and federal data sources, and external data from websites, marketing information, and other universities.
- Monitor trends in enrollment, graduation, program completion and licensure by program, school or department and regularly share reports with college leadership.
- Analyze and report program impact data, including graduates, employment, partners and accountability data.
- Develop methods for data collection and analysis beyond data that is available in university systems.
- Oversee and perform data collection as needed.
- Transform datasets for longitudinal integrity. Prepare interactive reports, data visualizations and dashboards.
- Support and train end users in how to use interpret and act on the reports.
- Respond to ad hoc data requests.
- Monitor state and national employment trends related to college programs.
Assessment and Evaluation
- Oversee collection, analysis, and reporting of data related to all aspects of evaluation of CTAAE, including programs, support services, co-ops, and college processes and procedures and ensure consistency and accuracy of information across reporting platforms
- Lead the implementation of assessment system changes or upgrades
- Manage the University’s SAAC assessment reporting cycle on behalf of CTAAE programs.
- Ensure reliability and validity of assessment instruments used for accreditation
- Research best practices and make policy recommendations to the Dean and Associate Deans
Accreditation and Continuous Improvement
- Advise the Dean and Associate Deans on matters related to continuous improvement, data-informed decisions, assessment, accreditation, and program review
- Collaborate with program area faculty to develop and implement assessment plans to improve the quality of programs and services
- Design, implement, monitor and evaluate a continuous improvement system for CTAAE strategic plans and priorities
- Monitor and assure compliance with accreditation standards and maintenance of documentation to prepare accreditation and compliance reports
- Collaborate with program area coordinators activities for continuing program approval with accreditors and internal and external reviewers for all existing and new accredited programs.
Build and Maintain Internal and External Relationships
- Manage the transition and implementation of the college assessment and data management system including working with external companies, consultants or vendors, college leadership, faculty and staff.
- Lead cross-functional committees and work groups to plan and implement process improvement initiatives
- Represent the college at appropriate university regional, and state bodies committees, councils, etc.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience working with leadership and groups for strategic planning, designing data collection methodologies, statistical data analysis, data management, data presentation.
- Experience using data analysis tools such as R, SAS, SPSS, Excel, Tableau, Qlikview, Highcharts, etc., Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Microsoft Access or other SQL database management software, Qualtrics for surveys.
Master’s degree in Engineering or multiple fields that could include, Technology, Supply Chain, Business Management, Data Analytics or Quality Assurance required.
Also the following experience is required:
- 2 or more years of experience in data management, analysis and use of statistical software tools.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 358. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: October 25, 2018
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.