Communications and Event SpecialistBGSU Office of Human Resources
Communications and Event Specialist
College of Arts & Sciences
The Communications and Event Specialist position is responsible for the creation and coordination of communications, promotions, recruitment and retention materials, web materials, and event publicity, as well as event planning and execution for the College of Arts & Sciences. The individual in this position must possess the ability to manage a multitude of projects simultaneously, write and create copy for a variety of purposes and audiences, adhere to specific project budgets, follow processes and procedures according to University Marketing & Communications standards, and coordinate these efforts with the College of Arts & Sciences and Marketing & Communications.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Communications Coordination: Work with the College Dean’s Office and A&S units to identify their specific communication needs and incorporate these into the overall College communication plan to maximize promotion and visibility opportunities of the College overall. Responsible for following and maintaining standards, policies and guidelines for communications and branding developed by Offices of Marketing & Communications.
- Event Planning, Promotion, Publicity and Execution: Responsible for the planning, coordination, promotion, and execution of special events and other public relations activities, including, but not limited to, events held for the purposes of recruiting, development and donor stewardship or recognition, honors and awards, public lectures, etc.
- Research, conduct story interviews, write, proofread and edit communications pieces for the College of Arts & Sciences. Assist units in the College with identifying appropriate material for communication pieces and collaborate with them and Marketing & Communications and other University offices when appropriate (e.g., University Advancement, Admissions, etc.) regarding methods of distribution and audience identification.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
Strong researching, writing, editing, proofreading, and interviewing skills; experience working in the communications field; previous internal communications experience in a professional environment; familiarity with web and social media; experience with computer applications for both Mac and PC, including the Windows Office Suite, as well as Adobe design programs such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, public relations, marketing, communications or other related field. Successful candidate must have bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application
Also the following experience is required:
- 2 years writing/editing experience
- 1 year event planning experience
- Preference for professional experience with web and social media
Full-time administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 354. Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: January 29, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.