The content strategist will assist the Director of Brand Strategy and Media Outreach with enhancing University communications to elevate the BGSU brand through telling our story through an aggressive and strategic content approach and linking University communications with the University’s strategic plan. The content strategist is responsible for helping to create and execute a content strategy and oversee the content calendar.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for writing content that aligns with the University’s FORWARD. strategic plan and hits key goals for the Office of Marketing and Brand Strategy—enrollment, diversity and belonging, research and other stories that elevate the University’s brand.
- Proofread and edit content to create engaging stories that our audiences will want to read. This includes assisting freelancers and other writers with finding the hook of a story, improving headlines, conforming to AP style and ensuring the overall story meets the expectations of the department.
- Oversees the editorial calendar ensuring stories are scheduled, assigned, and published on time.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Prefer experience in higher education communications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to work with various constituency groups
- AP Style skills
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- Is there a way you envision diversity and inclusion playing a role in this position? Please explain your answer.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, communication or related field required. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
The following experience is required:
- 6-12 months of professional writing experience, which can include work as a graduate student. Prefer experience in higher education communications. Final candidates will be asked to provide a portfolio of writing samples with an exercise on the day of the interview.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.