Coordinator of Business Operations and GrantsBGSU Office of Human Resources
Coordinator of Business Operations and Grants
Is responsible for grant monitoring, reporting, and accounting for the Departments of Chemistry and –the Center for Photochemical Sciences, as well as, purchasing and budget activity for the Department of Chemistry. Serves as liaison for Principle Investigators to various University offices such as Sponsored Programs & Research and Grants Accounting. Supervises Chemistry clerical staff and oversees operations of the Chemistry Stockroom.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Monitors and reports grant activities of the PIs in the collaborating units. Assists PIs with post-doc hiring including initial hiring, contract addenda and renewal. Serves as liaison for PIs to the Office of Sponsored Programs & Research and Grants Accounting. Monitors deadlines related to grants. Monitors research-related accounts (faculty start-up, Ohio Eminent Scholar, overhead return).
- Conducts overall fiscal operations for the Department of Chemistry including coordination of budgets. Oversees purchasing requests including FalconsPurch and p-card transactions. Advises supervisor on fiscal/budgetary matters and applicable University policies and procedures.
- Supervises staff of the Chemistry Stockroom. Tracks stockroom revenues and expenses as they relate to activities in classroom and research labs.
- Prepares responses to routine and no-routine inquiries from other University offices such as the College of Arts & Sciences, Sponsored Programs & Research, Grants Accounting, etc.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Well-versed in standard accounting practices including general ledger entry and budget reconciliation.
Bachelor's Degree required in Business. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application.
Also the following experience is required:
- 2-3 years of business experience including accounting
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 353. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: November 23, 2018
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.