Coordinator of Business Operations and Grants
Responsible for purchasing and budgeting activity for the Department of Chemistry and grant monitoring, reporting, and accounting for the Departments of Chemistry and Physics & Astronomy. May also assists grant PIs with purchasing. Serves as liaison for Principle Investigators to various University offices such as Grants Accounting and Sponsored Programs & Research. Supervises Chemistry clerical staff and oversees operations of the Chemistry Stockroom.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conducts overall fiscal operations for the Department of Chemistry. Coordinates department budgets including those devoted to operation of the Center for Photochemical Sciences. Oversees departmental and grant PI purchasing requests including FalconsPurch and credit card transactions. Advises supervisor on fiscal/budgetary matters and applicable University policies and procedures.
- Monitors and reports grant activities of the PIs in the collaborating units. Assists PIs with post-doc hiring including initial hiring, contract addenda and renewal. Serves as liaison for PIs to the Grants Accounting Office and the Office of Sponsored Programs & Research. Monitors deadlines related to grants.
- Monitors research-related accounts including faculty start-up, Ohio Eminent Scholar, overhead return, and income from projects and technical service agreements.
- Assists faculty and students with Chrome River reimbursements for travel, meals, etc.
- Supervises staff of the Chemistry Stockroom. Tracks stockroom revenues and expenses as they relate to activities in educational and research labs.
- Prepares responses to routine and no-routine inquiries from other University offices such as the College of Arts & Sciences, Sponsored Programs & Research, Grants Accounting, etc.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Well-versed in standard accounting practices including general ledger entry and budget reconciliation.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 3 years of business experience including accounting
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Pay Grade 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
Deadline to apply: August 16, 2022
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.