Coordinator, Student Engagement and Outreach
The Student Engagement Coordinator is an entry level administrative staff position within the TRIO Programs Department that has primary responsibility for Student Engagement Services, maintaining a participant caseload, and supporting recruitment and programming within the Student Support Services program
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Student Retention Efforts
- Supports Student Support Services functions including programming, reporting, assessment, outreach and recruitment
- Coordinate student engagement activities with Summer Link, TRIO Connections and other SSS program activities and events during the academic year.
- Responsible for teaching during the TRIO Summer Link Program, First Year courses (BG1910), as well as various TRIO workshops and retreats.
- Recruit, hire and train TRIO Mentors each year.
- Monitor mentoring activities and programming and assist mentors in resolving any issues that may arise.
Works one-on-one with current students on caseload, providing academic and career advising, financial and economic literacy, graduate school assistance and assistance with personal/social issues and concerns.
Attend professional meetings, conferences and workshops and perform committee assignments as approved by the Director
Provide assistance and support to the Director and Assistant Director and completes other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Demonstrated experience working in the areas of student programming in a university or college setting
- Demonstrated advising or student success coaching
- Evidence of successful collaboration with faculty, staff, and students
- Demonstrated ability to work from a place of cultural competence to support an inclusive environment
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience in group presentations, writing, and editing
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning outcomes, assessment, and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to provide programmatic oversight and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and assess new and existing programs and services
- Evidence of ability to incorporate student learning and development philosophy into services and programs
- Demonstrated skills as a team player.
- Familiar with word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications as well as internet and email
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- Is there a way you envision diversity and inclusion playing a role in this position? Please explain your answer.
Master’s Degree in Higher Education Administration; College Student Personnel; Counseling; or Leadership Studies, Education, Arts and Humanities. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 1-2 years of program development experience in leadership and student programming
- 1 year event planning experience
- 1 year of training/teaching or student coaching experience
The following experience is preferred:
- 1 year of student and/or organization advising
- 6-12 months of assessment activities
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 353. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: October 28, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.