Digital Designer and Developer
The Digital Developer and Designer manages all aspects of design, development and maintaining administrative systems for BGSU’s web, video, and multimedia environments. Supports these efforts by developing solutions utilizing HTML/CSS or other programming languages, while maintaining accessibility requirements. This position contributes to the overall brand, identity, and marketing strategy for social, commercial, internal and donor communications.
- Manages all aspects of design, development and maintenance of multiple University web and electronic environments. Works independently with central and departmental Information Technology departments to develop technical specifications, program code and test documents. Needs to be familiar with Content Managed Web Systems, Distance Education, HTML, CSS, JQUERY, Video, Browser interfaces, mobile interfaces, media types and file compression techniques.
- Design video, multimedia, print materials and custom graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs as well as continuously improve navigation, accessibility, usability and brand image of electronic-marketing tools and electronic- communications products
- Contributes to the overall electronic-marketing strategy by implementing, tracking, testing and analyzing products and vendor based solutions for web sites, email campaigns, online promotions, interactive communications tools and special projects.
- Works collaboratively with other staff members (Marketing and Brand Strategy, Colleges, Program Directors, University leadership, ITS, and others) to train and evaluate employee contributors to the web content
- Keeps current with industry trends and technology, and independently learns new technology and programming languages as needed.
The following is required:
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Web Development, Visual Communications Technology, or other related field. Degree must be conferred upon application.
One of the following types of experience is required:
- 1-year experience in web design OR website development and maintenance
- 1-year experience in design
- 1-year experience in creative software
The following experience is preferred:
- Experience implementing email campaigns, online promotions and surveys
- Experience in digital and print design and layout skills
- Experience in content management systems
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Training and documentation experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Resourceful self-starter who can work independently and meet deadlines
- Programing code, recreate, debug and improve the development environments
- Ability to set priorities and achieve goals while managing multiple projects
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively
- Ability to learn new technologies as needed
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘March 14, 2023’.
BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.