Director of BudgetingBGSU Office of Human Resources
Reporting to the Provost/Senior Vice President, the Director of Budgeting for Academic Affairs develops and monitors the annual budget for the Division of Academic Affairs; guides financial planning process and ensures adequate communications about budgetary issues and procedures within the Division; provides planning, control, and evaluation oversight to provide the Division the means to control costs and establish benchmarks to evaluate and forecast financial performance. Sets, coordinates, and monitors the overall budget and planning strategies for the colleges/units that report to the Provost/Senior Vice President. Serves as financial advisor and analyst to the Provost, Vice Presidents/Provosts, Deans, and other senior budget administrators in the Division of Academic Affairs.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serve as advisor and analyst to the PSVP on all matters related to the finances of Academic Affairs and advise the PSVP’s direct reports as to financial matters. Coordinate and monitor major financial initiatives and strategic goals and implement budget management procedures as directed by the PSVP.
- Provide daily managerial oversight and monitoring of collegiate budgets and spending plans of all funds and fund sources for the Division, totaling $231 million. Prepare monthly financial reports to evaluate expenditure patterns to ensure all critical needs are met and the budget is balanced. Perform year-end reconciliations and closings.
- Review and approve all operating financial transactions (budgets and actual) including budget transfers, journal entries, invoices, wire transfers, travel, and business entertainment expenses.
- Review, revise and authorize searches, appointments, for faculty and administrative and classified staff; review other personnel authorizations including post docs, temporary and seasonal employees, stipends, and supplemental payments to ensure sufficient funding to support personnel transactions on behalf of the PSVP and Academic Affairs.
- Oversee preparation and issuance of all contracts/addenda for faculty and administrative staff. Provide assistance as requested in faculty and administrative personnel decision making in Academic Affairs.
- Oversee development of the Division budget including personnel, operating, and capital budgets; analysis and review of all (new) requests; approve salary increases for faculty and administrative staff, and coordinate salary increases for all colleges.
- Review and approve external reporting efforts (Board of Trustees, Ohio Department of Higher Education, IPEDS, faculty profiles, and other public record requests. Support internal projects and initiatives as requested by the Provost/Senior Vice President; complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
Effective interpersonal skills; effective verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical skills including detailed budget/fiscal analysis and problem solving; advanced spreadsheet development; experience preparing financial/accounting reports, ability to work collaboratively across the Division and University; experience in development and implementation of short and long term planning; ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities; high level of initiative and flexibility regarding work schedule; preferred related completer skills (Excel) and financial management software experience.
Bachelor's Degree required in Business, Accounting, Finance, Public Administration or closely related field. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 3 years' of accounting or auditing experience
- 3 years financial analysis and budget development
- 1 year work experience in education administration or non-profit environment
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 358. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: June 13, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.