Director, Undergraduate Curriculum and BG Perspectives
This position: (1) provides oversight, management, administration, and coordination of the operations and functions of various undergraduate academic activities under the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs; (2) leads and/or manages progress of major strategic initiatives and projects that impact BGSU’s undergraduate curriculum, programs, University assessment activities, and the integration of technology tools as key elements of that work; (3) provides coordination, analysis, data collection, reports, and other communications in support of undergraduate studies and related activities.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Undergraduate Curriculum Oversight
- Oversees BGSU’s undergraduate curriculum development and management process. Works with stakeholders (faculty, department/college curriculum committees, Undergraduate Council, Committee on Academic Affairs, Faculty Senate, Registration and Records, Institutional Effectiveness, and others) to effectively guide new, modified, and deactivated degrees, programs, and courses through the internal and external curriculum approval processes.
- Manages the Curriculum process/system in collaboration with the Graduate College. Identifies and implements improvements and enhancements to the process. Provides annual and ad hoc trainings for BGSU faculty and staff. Ensures appropriate and timely information is on the website. Assists in answering user questions as needed.
BG Perspectives (general education) Oversight
- Provides leadership and direction for the BG Perspectives program. Works with stakeholders (faculty, chairs, deans, Institutional Effectiveness, and the BG Perspectives Committee) to identify and implement continuous improvements in the learning outcomes, program, courses, and assessment process that are consistent with BGSU’s strategic initiatives, state requirements, assessment results, and national/regional best practices.
Liaison to Internal Units and External Agencies
- Serves as the BGSU liaison for Ohio Transfer 36 and serve on the Ohio Transfer and Articulation Network Advisor Council (OATN). Coordinates with BGSU’s offices of Institutional Effectiveness and Institutional Research to ensure reporting and compliance with internal and external requirements including Ohio Department of Higher Education, US Department of Education, and the Higher Learning Commission. Assists the VPAA in maintaining, updating, and publishing the academic calendar and coordinates with the Registrar on the undergraduate catalog, reviewing and updating academic policies that impact undergraduate education, and on special projects as needed.
Other Administrative Duties
- Serves on internal and external committees and advisory groups; attends professional development programs and workshops; attends meetings on behalf of the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of the academic functions and roles of curriculum in a college or university setting
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices and principles in curriculum management
- Experience with program design, development and review, and curriculum design, development and review
- Proven ability to analyze, set metrics, and lead implementation of curriculum related activities
- Extensive experience working with or developing curriculum management software
- Excellent leadership, organizational and change management skills
- Commitment to shared governance and consensus building across diverse constituencies
The following Degree is required:
- Master’s degree required. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following Degree is preferred:
- Master’s degree in business, management, education, higher education, curriculum and instruction, or related field
The following Experience is required:
- 5 years higher education experience, which can include teaching, advising, supervision, or administration
- 3 years project management experience
The following Experience is preferred:
- 2 years experience in curriculum development and/or assessment
- 2 years experience in academic data analysis and reporting
Full-time Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 359. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘February 15, 2024’.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.
Why work at BGSU?
Full-time BGSU employees enjoy an array of exceptional benefits, including:
- Quality, affordable health insurance: Various coverage options available for health, vision and dental starting the first day of the month following your date of employment.
- Generous paid time off: Vacation, holidays, sick days and more.
- Excellent work life balance resources: Our Employee Assistance Program offers confidential support to employees and their eligible family members, along with ancillary programs covering identity theft, elder care, legal services and more.
- Tuition fee waivers: For eligible employees, spouses and dependent children.
- Professional development opportunities: For skills training, supervisor and leadership programs, performance management, online courses and online tools for employee growth and development.
- Parental leave: Up to five weeks of paid parental leave for full-time employees with at least 12 months of continuous service.
- Retirement: BGSU offers several options for meeting your retirement goals with a current employer contribution of up to 14% depending on the retirement program selected. Read more about the option that best fits your needs.
Learn more about Bowling Green State University and how we aspire to be the preeminent public university that creates public good in Ohio, the nation and world.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/bgsu or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.