eCampus Recruiter/AdvisorBGSU Office of Human Resources
The primary responsibilities of the eCampus Recruiter / Advisor are to serve as the first point of contact for prospective online students to assist them in making fully informed decisions on how to achieve their educational goals. The position also introduces new students to the online learning environment and advises students throughout their degree programs to ensure their long-term success. This position will be available during regular and irregular hours to answer questions about academics, student services, course enrollment options, course frequency, general education availability, etc.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Advises current and prospective online students about degree requirements and academic progress, university policies and procedures, and career planning related to students’ academic goals and registration procedures.
- Guides prospective students through the University’s admissions process including answering questions relating to program requirements, transfer credits, payment options, etc.
- Conducts unofficial transfer evaluations for potential students.
- Consults with other University offices in an effort to assist students (current and prospective) pertaining to student financial aid, application requirements, dates, payment of fees, etc. Refers students to appropriate offices for assistance as necessary.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for student questions and concerns regarding degree requirements, programs, policies and procedures.
- Identifies and promotes strategies for student retention; Utilizes current and emerging technology to support and foster retention, persistence, and success.
- Refers students to appropriate BGSU and non-BGSU support offices and/or organizations as needed to support student success.
- Introduces new students to the online learning environment via online student orientation.
- Ensures students have a solid understanding of the time commitment, technology and skills required to be a successful online learner.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Leads and participates in the implementation of online student recruitment efforts through strategies developed in collaboration with program coordinators, admissions recruiters, and the marketing and communication staff.
- Develops a network of community and industry partners to assist in meeting enrollment goals; seeks corporations that offer tuition assistance benefits or otherwise encourage their employees to seek additional education or training that match BGSU's online and distance education program offerings.
- Works closely with departmental advisors and program coordinators to ensure accuracy of information provided to students.
- Coordinates and participates in any recruitment travel to off-campus sites for promotional activities and/or advising sessions; conducts informational sessions via different mediums; face-to-face or electronic channels.
- Performs regular student contact and status entries, in an effort to enhance and utilize the implemented CRM for recruitment and retention purposes.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Administrative and Additional Duties
- Maintains/Manages advising caseload and work-lists through the utilization of online/digital and analog administrative programs and processes.
- Maintains and updates student files and records in accordance with federal, state and university regulations.
- Develops and maintains contact with faculty, staff, and administration as needed to support effective academic advising practices.
- Participates and successfully completes initial and on-going training and professional development at the university and departmental level.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Understands and maintains current knowledge of University’s policies and processes and Department of Education guidelines.
- An entrepreneurial and determined attitude in order to meet targets.
- Ability to operate a variety of technologies and computer software programs
- Strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and perform under tight timelines and pressure
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work with faculty, administration, and undergrad students; sensitivity to the needs of a diverse and non-traditional student population; interpersonal/human relations skills;
- Ability to encourage and empower students to make their own decisions; ability to act as an advocate for both the student and the university; ability to identify students’ needs for support services in order to make appropriate recommendations; ability to maintain confidentiality
Master’s Degree required (particular advising academic discipline, Business, Counseling, Non-Traditional, Communication, College Student Personnel, Student Affairs in Higher Education, or related field). Successful candidate must have Master’s degree conferred at the time of application.
Also the following experience is required:
- One to two years of advising or recruiting experience in higher education or advising, consulting, or recruiting in a business environment.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: March 15, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.