Electronic Mechanical Specialist
Manages the College of Technology, Architecture, and Applied Engineering (CTAAE) laboratory operations. Responsible proper maintenance of laboratory conditions, equipment, safety procedures, instruments, supplies, and records. Develops and oversees compliance of procedures in the areas of safety, equipment usage, inventory, distancing, laboratory spatial layout, etc. Keeps abreast of development in area of expertise related to manufacturing, robotics, and computer equipment and software, and adapts new technology as appropriate to meet changing laboratory needs or improve effectiveness or efficiency.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manages CTAAE operations. Develops and oversees compliance of procedures in the areas of safety, equipment usage, inventory, distancing, laboratory spatial layout, etc. Maintains equipment and maintenance records, maintenance scheduling. Helps to support scientific investigations and experiments.
- Maintain equipment in operating order by repairing, calibrating, preventive maintenance, and test operations. Trouble-shoots and resolves problems of unusual difficulty; may be responsible for design, construction or modification of equipment and equipment support structures. Works with external equipment contractors for maintenance of complex machinery such as CNC machines, manufacturing equipment, robotic systems, laser cutters, etc.
- Maintains supplies/consumables inventories by ordering, reusing, and tracking stock and resources while collaborating with the faculty, students, chairs/directors. Oversees and performs inventory of equipment and laboratory supplies. Maintains contact with vendors and searches commercial market to determine availability and cost of equipment/instruments to meet needs of the college. Tracks waste and works to improve efficiencies and cost.
- Works with faculty to ensure all laboratory needs are met prior to each semester, and throughout the semesters. Creates and updates listings of equipment, supplies needed for all college lab class. Schedules and monitor the users of the facilities.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates technical and support staff; determines work schedules and work assignments; recommends staffing levels. Train and supervise GAs and teach students lab preparation and use of equipment and instruments
- Organizing and conducting tours and demonstrations for potential students and their parents. Participating in recruitment and retention programs such as AIMS, STEM, Women in Technology, Best Robotics Competition, etc.
- Prepares budget requests and manages approved budget. Reviews equipment and supply requests from faculty and chairs/directors. Reconciles laboratory funds, tracks spending amounts and compares expenditures to lab fee revenue.
- Other duties assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Safety requirements
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- How have you incorporated equity, diversity, and/or inclusion into your current or a previous position?
Associates degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology, Mechatronics Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering Technology, or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
- 3 years laboratory management and safety experience
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.