Enrollment Services SpecialistBGSU Office of Human Resources
Enrollment Services Specialist
International Programs and Partnerships
Bowling Green State University
Reporting to the Executive Director of International Programs and Partnerships, the Enrollment Services Specialist communicates with prospective and newly admitted international students via phone and written correspondence during the admissions process. Once qualified as a Designated School Official (DSO), the Enrollment Specialist will analyze financial documents submitted by admitted students in order to issue Form I- 20 and advise students regarding F1 visa regulations with a primary focus on compliance regarding dropping below full time and registering in online classes. The incumbent will also be responsible for collecting admissions/enrollment/retention data and producing weekly and annual recruiting/enrollment/retention reports. The person in this position will also be responsible for assisting the Executive Director process agreements with institutions abroad and assisting with enrollment of students under these agreements.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Communicates with and advises newly admitted students on a daily basis about immigration documents necessary for the issuing of the Form I-20. Analyzes financial documents submitted by international students to determine eligibility for the Form I-20. As a Designated School Official, advises enrolled international students regarding F1 visa regulations with a primary focus on compliance regarding dropping below full time and registering in online classes.
- Collaborates with the International Programs and Partnerships recruiter, the coordinator of international student services, the coordinator of student immigration services, and BGSU’s Office of Admissions in the coordinated communication efforts to prospective and newly admitted students. Collaborates with the staff in the office of Admissions to follow business processes for admitted students.
- Develops and coordinates international student weekly admissions, enrollment and retention reports for the office. Maintains 15th Day Enrollment Data every semester and compares the visa information included in the report with SEVIS records for accuracy. Communicates with Registration and Records to report international students’ change of visa status. Monitors and maintains accurate reports of international student enrolled at BGSU. Review CSS reports to monitor number of credit hours and number of online classes international students take to keep them in compliance with federal regulations re F1 visa. Communicates with students who are not in compliance.
- Assists the Executive Director process agreements with institutions abroad by reviewing them for accuracy, keeping agreements up to date, and monitoring the approval process in both institutions to completion. Assists with the enrollment process for students under these agreements.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Knowledge of DSO responsibilities desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written communication and public relations skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (occasional evening and weekends)
- Attention for detail
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computer applications and databases
- Knowledge of at least one language other than English preferred.
Bachelor's degree required in Education, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, International Studies, Business, or related field. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application. Must meet Homeland Security Student Visitors Program requirements to be trained to be become a Designated School Official (DSO).
Also the following experience is required:
- 1-2 years of experience with student services in an international education office
- 1-2 years of experience in collecting data and producing reports
- 2 years of graduate assistant experience in student services in an international education office and collecting data and producing reports
Full-time administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 353. Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: November 12, 2018
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.