Financial Aid CoordinatorBGSU Office of Human Resources
Position Summary: Responsible for the daily evaluation of ISIR records entering the University’s CSS system. Verifying, certifying and determining program eligibility of all Title IV aid recipients; including those under professional judgment. Creating and adjusting student financial aid award packages including loans, grants, scholarships and work-study. Responsible for the routine maintenance and processing of federal and state grant programs as well as the monitoring and updating of the cost of attendance (COA) and packages of special enrollment groups such as consortium agreements and eCampus. Responsible for providing information and counseling to current and prospective students and families on financial aid programs and processes.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Creates audits and repackage/adjusts financial aid packages and cost of attendance (COA) values. Includes program funds for loans, scholarships, grants and work-study, for all populations, to assure compliance with applicable laws, rules, and policies.
- Advises, counsels, and provides appropriate follow up to current and prospective students, parents, and other customers regarding available financial aid programs, application processing, assessing eligibility, awarding financial aid, disbursing financial aid, and all other aspects of the student financial aid award cycle. May include assisting in SFA outreach activities.
- Run rosters/reports on regular basis to monitor, evaluate eligibility, add/remove awards and assist with reconciliation of Federal and State Grants.
- Analyzes data and prepares reports as needed.
- Coordinates efforts to secure financial aid with other University offices.
- Maintains knowledge of federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies regarding a variety of financial aid programs.
- Evaluates the daily load of ISIR records for multiple aid years. Requires in depth knowledge of how ISIR data in the financial aid process is utilized and must be able to resolve conflicting information according to federal financial aid regulations using suspense management tools. Requires use and understanding of Campus Community Search Match as well as great attention to detail.
- Verifies student Title IV eligibility. Collect, review and certify supporting documentation matches student/parent reported data.
- Processes Special Considerations Applications. Collect, review and certify supporting documentation exercising professional judgment in cases where extenuating circumstance is reported.
- Certifies eligibility for TIV aid based on (including but not limited to) Confirmation of Dependency Status, Selective Service Confirmation, Citizenship Status, Veteran’s Administration, College Savings Plans and the Social Security Administration.
- Coordinate and process all aspects of the Consortium/Contractual Agreements for SFA recipients.
- Assist in the review of student eligibility as it relates to enrollment by applying applicable laws, rules, and policies for Return to Title IV (R2T4), Enrollment Verification and Census Date reports.
- Assist in the maintenance of eCampus accounts.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent
- BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document-imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Ability to maintain sensitive or confidential information
- One year related experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
Prior experience working in a financial aid or bursar office. Experience using PeopleSoft CSS Financial Aid, Student Financials, Admissions, Student Records and Campus Community modules. Experience in Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets for reporting purposes, knowledge of IRS tax form/regulation helpful. Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
Full-time classified staff position. Pay Grade 25/$15.03. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: July 5, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.