Financial Aid Coordinator - ScholarshipsBGSU Office of Human Resources
Financial Aid Coordinator - Scholarships
Student Financial Aid
Position Summary: Responsible for processing various detailed tasks to process various financial aid for students. These tasks include monitoring eligibility for students, processing student data, packaging/adjusting all types of aid, and ensuring these tasks follow federal, state and institutional regulations and policies. May counsel students, prospective students and families and other University employees regarding these matters.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assists with foundation, institutional, athletic, graduate and outside scholarships.
- Review student information on applications and additional documents to determine student eligibility and resolve conflicting information.
- Adjust and package financial aid following federal, state and institutional regulations and policies.
- Oversees awarding grants, scholarships, loans in regards to student financial aid packages, including employee and dependent fee waivers.
- Working knowledge and support of Athletics, Graduate Contracting and Academic Works programs/systems.
- Counsels students, prospective students and their families, and the general population; answers general scholarship, award or financial aid questions. May also counsel and provide advice to various BGSU employees, including advisors, bursar staff, coaches and athletic staff members regarding all student financial aid processes and awards.
- Runs queries, reports and summaries of scholarships, grants, loans and other awards and aid packages for compliance and other purposes.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Ability to maintain sensitive or confidential information
- One year related experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
Full-time classified staff position. $15.03/hr. Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: November 16, 2018
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.