Forensic Science Research Technician
The Ohio Attorney General’s Center for the Future of Forensic Science is a collaboration between BGSU and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigations (BCI) that began with a $14 million investment by the State of Ohio to build a BCI Laboratory Building on the BGSU campus. This work will be supported by a $600,000 line item in the State budget specifically for this initiative.
The Forensic Science Research Technician will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the forensic science research laboratory and will assist with current and develop innovative forensic science research.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of research and training opportunities for forensic students in areas of forensics science
- Maintain and implement LS-MS/MS, GC-MS equipment and methods
- Maintain lab safety protocols and compliance with University, State and Federal regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- GC-MS and LC-MS/MS experience.
- Understanding of forensic science technical skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, and close attention to detail;
- Superior oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to communicate a variety of target audiences both external and internal
Master’s degree in forensic science or related fields of science such as biology, chemistry or toxicology is required. Successful candidate must have Master’s degree conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- A minimum of 1-2 years forensic science experience in a post-secondary setting.
Full-time, grant-funded Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: July 9, 2020
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.