Foundation Gift Analyst
Manages the pledge reminder process, pledge review, processing of gifts, donations and maintenance of donor records. Processes payments, analyzes and researches discrepancies and manages receipting processes. Prepares necessary documents and financial reports based on analysis and approves expenditures to assure they are in compliance with established accounting principles and federal, state and private grant guidelines and regulations.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Monitor, analyze and manage pledge process, reminders, and dollars along with all aspects of the program to ensure compliance with guidelines, and University policies is maintained. Collaborate with Advancement Officers and other BGSU Foundation staff to reconcile pledges on a regular basis. Collaborate with Advancement Services to produce the outstanding pledge reports with follow-up. Responsible for providing analysis and development of fiscal forecasting models of pledges, journal transfers, and electronic income report submissions, and evaluate potential problems. Analyze accounts constantly to prevent potential problems and determine solutions for current issues. Let Advancement Officers know of fiscal problems before they occur or when discovered. Secure and file appropriate documentation.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to Director of Foundation Accounting as to pledge write-off schedule. Balance and reconcile accounts. Research donors, gift payments and fund records to resolve audit or review inquiries. Review gift and pledge submissions for accuracy, potential issues, and completeness. Resolve issues, ensure gifts and pledges recorded accurately, and adhere to gift acceptance policies and IRS rules. Collaborates with Director in planning both long and short-term objectives.
- Respond to donor and giving related inquiries. Perform in-depth research when needed to insure constituent information is accurate and complete. Create and analyze financial monthly, quarterly and final closeout reports. Analyze and complete all appropriate fiscal reports related to the BGSU Foundation.
- May supervise and train students and/or provide functional guidance of support staff or other employees who work on a project or assignment on a temporary basis.
- Other duties as assigned including review and recommend changes to existing procedures.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
Applied critical thinking, solid writing and software skills. Great follow- up and good communication skills across a broad range of stakeholders with experience in a mid-large university setting.
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- How do you engage others in equity, diversity, and/or inclusion work?
Associate Degree required in Business or related field of study. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 2 years’ experience processing or applying payments (e.g. AP, bank teller activities, receivables work).
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 352. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.