Institutional Accreditation & Program Review CoordinatorBGSU Office of Human Resources
In conjunction with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness (DIE), the Institutional Accreditation & Program Review Coordinator coordinates the policies and procedures for program accreditation, certification, licensing, and program review. Works collaboratively with other members of the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Institutional team and assists in program report submission, program reviews, and status of reviews; and coordinates institutional efforts and policy alignment to ensure standards established by the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) are met.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinates, reviews, provides feedback, maintains documentation of accreditation and program review reports, including NC-SARA, and ensures communication to internal and external constituents regarding reports, visits, website updates, etc.
- Coordinates with the Institutional Effectiveness (IE) team on Institutional accreditation and program review activities, including but not limited to, coordinates and maintains Higher Learning Commission (HLC) strategic plan; monitors and coordinates institutional change forms (New Program Applications, Change in Location applications, etc.); Coordinates the completion of the Annual Institutional Update; Coordinates and monitors other special projects related to HLC (Quality Initiative, Re-Affirmation report/visit, etc.).
- Plans and conducts HLC Institutional team meetings each semester to discuss accreditation and program review and provide status updates; work with IE Project Manager & Compliance Analyst to organize and set agenda for the HLC Institutional team.
- Coordinates the collection, analysis, and archival of HLC and specialized accreditation and program review materials and information needed to remain in compliance with external accreditation and program review standards, including NC-SARA. Maintains confidentiality and integrity of information.
- Remains current with developing trends in HLC, specialized accreditation agencies, program review, and higher education; attends conferences and training webinars; completes other projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience in a higher education environment or working directly with colleges/universities
- Experience working directly with academic leaders, administration, and campus units/departments
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to create/implement solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with broad range of internal and external constituents, for example, academic leaders, faculty and university administrators.
- Demonstrated excellent organization skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Values diversity and possesses and understanding of multicultural and cultural competencies; ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, and other constituents from different backgrounds.
Bachelor's Degree required in Education, Business or related area required, Master’s Degree preferred. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in accreditation, program review, state authorization, or similar.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 356. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: October 24, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.