Locksmith SpecialistBGSU Office of Human Resources
Position Summary: Under general supervision of Building Maintenance Superintendent, Plant Maintenance Engineer or other administrative supervisor, installs, repairs and replaces locks and locking devices. Maintains security of keys. Serves as lead worker, including providing work direction and training of skilled and semi-skilled employees. Prepares and maintains or oversees preparation and maintenance of work related documentation.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Installs, repairs and replaces cylinder and key locks, door closers, panic bars and related locking hardware devices.
- Maintains security of keys and serves as lead worker, providing work direction and training of skilled and semi-skilled employees.
- Makes new keys for doors, fire alarm boxes and other items. Supplies keys for locks to desks and file cabinets. Oversees key issuance to staff. Performs repair work on doors, hinges and opening devices. Oversees inspection, installation, repair and parts fabrication of locks in doors, cabinets and safes. Inspects locks for wear and malfunction. Changes locking devices for security purposes. Repairs and installs electric locking devices.
- Prepares, maintains or oversees preparation and maintenance of work related records, documentation and reports. Keeps records of all door locks within facility. Assists in keeping records of keys issued and return of keys upon employees' termination. Maintains key identification numbers. Maintains inventory for parts, materials and equipment needed, and prepares requisitions for ordering same. Maintains cost estimates of materials. Maintains instructional materials and catalogs. Prepares required reports and responds to work orders and information requests.
- Implements and manages preventive maintenance and repair programs for access control systems. Maintains records and linkage of appropriate information with computerized maintenance management system (CMMS). Documents efforts, manages workflow, updates databases.
- Maintains the computerized electronic access control system for University facilities including more than one electronic access control system. Includes monitoring, programming, back-up, maintenance, equipment inventory and inventory management, replacement, inspections, hardware and software upgrades, and training. Includes installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of access control system hardware.
- Communicates with Campus offices for the purpose of programming centrally, electronically-controlled access for designated personnel to University facilities
- Plans, develops and implements computerized electronic access control and security systems including industry standard and compliant upgrades, cost estimates, renovation consultation, development and integration into University-side system.
- Obtains information from Security systems to assist with investigations.
- Performs various miscellaneous tasks.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Knowledge of basic science and scientific methods
- Ability to operate hand and/or power tools appropriate to the trade
- Ability to perform basic computer programming
- One to two years related experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Some training and experience in electronics, access control systems, security systems required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the University’s insurance
Full-time classified staff position. Pay Grade 27/$18.52. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: November 28, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.