Manager, Accounts Payable
Manage the daily activities of the University's A/P department, ensuring the accuracy of records and compliance with federal, state and University policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
Maintain the department's focus on internal and external customers as well as maintaining the integrity of A/P software and systems used in the execution of the department's responsibilities.
- Manage the daily operation of accounts payable; supervise and coordinate duties of assigned staff; ensure payments are processed and 1099MISC, 1099NEC and 1042S information is reported to the appropriate agencies or departments and sent to contractors.
- Establish department goals, set policy, and create operational procedures; make procedural or system enhancement recommendations. Implement processes and applications integral to the accounts payable function.
- Consult with staff to provide PeopleSoft expertise and test transactions affecting the accounts payable processes. Provide information, instruction and guidelines to faculty, staff, students, and suppliers regarding university accounts payable policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with University and IRS/government policy and regulations associated with accounts payable activity as well as develop written procedures for departmental and University processes and procedures.
- Involvement in software system upgrades affecting A/P and related modules including Purchasing, G/L, A/R, etc. New processes and software upgrades will require modeling and configuration within Peoplesoft modeling databases, certifying accuracy and completeness of processes before they are migrated to the production database. The scope of these responsibilities is wide and may encompass software and systems exterior to BGSU such as joint projects with other universities (SciQuest) or third-party payment systems. Involvement with FMS upgrades and modeling is continuous and ongoing.
- Coordinate, reconcile, and monitor payment processing of both accounts payable and Bursar’s student refund checks and ACH transaction processing.
- Coordinate the resolution and reporting of independent contractors per IRS and State of Ohio regulations.
- Participate in department, division, and University projects and committees as required. Perform related duties as assigned.
The following Education is required:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred
The following Experience is required:
- 3 years’ experience in accounting, AP, purchasing, business systems or related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accounting principles, continuous improvement techniques, and best practices
- Personal computer applications (e.g. MS Office Suite including database, spreadsheet, word processing, internet, e-mail; ERP application for accounts payable - Peoplesoft preferred)
- Laws and regulations pertaining to accounts payable (federal, state, university)
- Written and interpersonal communication with the ability to communicate effectively with all components of the university and external constituents (including public speaking skills)
- Implementing projects with skill in assessment of program initiatives
- Problem solving with the ability to develop unit performance measurement methods and metrics
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to direct others and manage projects
- Develop and implement plans
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘March 31, 2023’.
BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.