Manager, Parking and Shuttle Services
To provide leadership, guidance and direction to the Parking and Shuttle Services operations; to develop, implement and administer department plans, goals, budgets, policies, and procedures and to ensure a financially sound model is deployed and a fair and service-oriented parking and transportation management system is in place to successfully support the long term needs of faculty, staff, students and visitors of BGSU.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction to the staff in Parking Services and Shuttle Operations. Create and maintain an effective and efficiently operating parking auxiliary including oversight of long and short term maintenance and repairs. Create and maintain an effective and efficiently operating campus shuttle auxiliary including oversight of long and short term maintenance and repairs.
- Plan and manage the assignment of parking for faculty, staff, students and visitors; manage the operation of pay lots, parking meters, enforcement and shuttle routes.
- Evaluate the fleet of vehicles utilized by both Parking and Shuttle and make recommendations to the Director based upon need, usage, maintenance costs and long term plans to establish the appropriate vehicles and structure for the various associated tasks.
- Collaborate with University departments and personnel to plan and facilitate special event parking and transportation requests.
- Administer the University’s parking policy through the system of permits and violations as defined.
- Plan, monitor, and maintain department budgets and approve operating expenditures.
- Assemble a comprehensive financial plan for both Parking and Shuttle Services to ensure adequate reserves are in place to repair, replace, maintain and re-stripe lots, as well as replace vehicles and ensure the department and University are represented well to the various constituencies groups that depend upon our service and observe our actions and behaviors.
- Where appropriate, identify and develop ancillary revenue-generation activities in support of the efforts and activities to include delivery of appropriate services to the right audiences priced appropriately.
- Communicate, consult, advise and counsel students, parents, faculty, staff and others on shuttle and parking issues, special needs and concerns.
- Participate in planning for campus construction projects and work with Marketing and Brand Strategy to distribute relevant information related to service interruptions, route redesign, etc. Serve on Public Safety Advisory Committee, provide oversight and direction for the parking appeals committee and serve on various ad hoc committees.
- Monitor lot conditions, signage and lighting. Coordinate of oversee all sealing, stripping and repairs to ensure a safe, accessible parking experience.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Communication skills, public speaking
- Strategic planning; budgeting
- Conflict resolution
The following Degree is required:
- Associate degree required. Degree must be conferred at the time application.
The following Degree is preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Public Administration or a related field
The following Experience is required:
- 3 years of supervisory or management experience
The following Experience is preferred:
- 2 years experience with parking or transportation, or a related experience
- 1 year experience with large enterprise systems (e.g. PeopleSoft, Banner, SAP)
- 1 year experience with parking enforcement, permit and ticketing issuance software
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 356. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘May 12, 2023’.
Why work at BGSU?
Full-time BGSU employees enjoy an array of exceptional benefits, including:
- Quality, affordable health insurance: Various coverage options available for health, vision and dental starting the first day of the month following your date of employment.
- Generous paid time off: Vacation, holidays, sick days and more.
- Excellent work life balance resources: Our Employee Assistance Program offers confidential support to employees and their eligible family members, along with ancillary programs covering identity theft, elder care, legal services and more.
- Tuition fee waivers: For eligible employees, spouses and dependent children.
- Professional development opportunities: For skills training, supervisor and leadership programs, performance management, online courses and online tools for employee growth and development.
- Parental leave: Up to five weeks of paid parental leave for full-time employees with at least 12 months of continuous service.
- Retirement: BGSU offers several options for meeting your retirement goals with a current employer contribution of up to 14% depending on the retirement program selected. Read more about the option that best fits your needs.
Learn more about Bowling Green State University and how we aspire to be the preeminent public university
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/bgsu or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.