Media Content Strategist
The Media Content Strategist assists the Manager of Media Relations in executing the Bowling Green State University media relations strategy through proactive tactics that elevate the University’s brand, research, academic programs, and creative activities in various media outlets. The position will also produce BGSU news-based stories and communications that promote the University’s strategic plan, bolster student recruitment and enrollment, and boost employee retention. Additionally, the position will serve as a back-up, fill-in media contact and resource when the Manager of Media Relations is unavailable or out of office.
Position Schedule: Full time position with an option for a flexible/hybrid work schedule (remote/on campus). Work location: Bowling Green, Ohio.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assists with developing media outreach strategies that generate favorable coverage for BGSU and demonstrates the University’s positive contributions to education and economic and cultural vitality.
- Researches, writes, edits, and pitches BGSU news stories and media-focused communications that promote the University’s research, academic, and creative activities.
- Works with campus partners to develop/produce external communications that support the BGSU strategic plan and highlight research, academic programs, and University’s positive contributions.
- Tracks, analyzes, and reports media analytics; identifies trends and strategies to help elevate BGSU strategic initiatives in the media.
- Serves as alternate, fill-in media contact and resource.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skilled multitasker with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to work with various constituency groups
- Ability to recommend appropriate marketing tactics for desires goals and outcomes
The following Degree is required:
- Bachelor's Degree. Degree must be conferred at time of application.
The following Degree is preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, communication, or related field required.
The following Experience is required:
- 3 years of professional media-focused strategy and content-creation.
The following Experience is preferred:
- Experience in higher education communications and media.
The following Licensure, Certifications, or Registration is required:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the University’s vehicle use policy.
Full-time Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 355. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘February 27, 2024’.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.
Why work at BGSU?
Full-time BGSU employees enjoy an array of exceptional benefits, including:
- Quality, affordable health insurance: Various coverage options available for health, vision and dental starting the first day of the month following your date of employment.
- Generous paid time off: Vacation, holidays, sick days and more.
- Excellent work life balance resources: Our Employee Assistance Program offers confidential support to employees and their eligible family members, along with ancillary programs covering identity theft, elder care, legal services and more.
- Tuition fee waivers: For eligible employees, spouses and dependent children.
- Professional development opportunities: For skills training, supervisor and leadership programs, performance management, online courses and online tools for employee growth and development.
- Parental leave: Up to five weeks of paid parental leave for full-time employees with at least 12 months of continuous service.
- Retirement: BGSU offers several options for meeting your retirement goals with a current employer contribution of up to 14% depending on the retirement program selected. Read more about the option that best fits your needs.
Learn more about Bowling Green State University and how we aspire to be the preeminent public university that creates public good in Ohio, the nation and world.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/bgsu or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.