Program Manager of Economic Development Partnerships
The Program Manager oversees the progress of multiple economic development initiatives. An important responsibility of the role is building relationships with external businesses, other educational entities and internal constituents. The position is responsible for organizing meetings, writing and reviewing agreements and contracts, and coordinating the university’s response to funding opportunities and grants. This position will play a primary role in managing the progress of initiatives and partnerships. Collaboration with and support of the Division of Research and Economic Engagement, General Counsel’s Office, and Academic Affairs will be critical.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Interfaces with the business community and helps connect them to relevant programming offered by the university or its partnering institutions. Assists the development of new programs and initiatives as appropriate.
- Facilitates the establishment of relevant centers as directed
- Assists the University with legal compliance and contract review related to economic development
- Supports the university’s efforts to obtain grants and funding for economic development initiatives from public and private funders
- Other activities that further the economic development goals of the university as a public institution of higher education advancing the common good through collaboration and outreach.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Developing partnerships with community organizations and companies. Experience providing legal review of contracts.
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- Is there a way you envision diversity and inclusion playing a role in this position? Please explain your answer.
A Juris Doctorate required. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
- 5-7 years of experience in economic development including experience working with businesses.
- 5 years of experience in senior leadership in either the public or private sector
- 5 years of experience applying for and managing grants
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) credentials from the International Economic Development Council (IEDC). Ohio license as JD preferred
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 359. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.