Public Relations Coordinator
Provides customer service assistance and information to clients, business people, government officials and general public. Provides assistance in resolving problems, questions or complaints.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serves as front line for communication in answering inquires.
- Researches and analyzes customers' questions and provides explanation as needed.
- May assist customers with other needs, such as scheduling meetings or events, reserving space, audio/visual requirements or parking.
- Maintains records and files. Prepares reports and memos.
- May perform other work in the office as requested, including processing forms and other financial transactions, assisting with projects and sorting and distributing mail.
- May assist in training and supervising student workers and acts as back up supervisor.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers. Ability to draft office correspondence
- Three to six months related experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
Part-time classified staff position. The hiring range for this position is $15.95 - $17.45 based upon previous experience.
Deadline to apply: June 30, 2022
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.