Independently accomplishes a wide range of procurement tasks to execute Purchasing department goals and objectives. Audits construction project records. Serves as lead prevailing wage coordinator for BGSU for all state funded construction projects. Communicates financial policies/procedures to University vendors and contractors. Assists with reporting needs and is responsible for general purchasing process execution, management and contracting.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Purchasing Systems Execution and Support: Responsible for reviewing, assigning and approving requisitions, purchase orders and expense reports in Jaggaer and Chrome River. Supports the Procure to Pay Manager and Purchasing Systems Specialist with e-commerce monitoring, processing and customer service to departments.
- Construction Procurement: Serves as the University’s Prevailing Wage Coordinator and Equal Employment Officer for all construction projects. Collects and reviews payroll data relating to prevailing wage compliance, monitoring and reporting to Ohio Department of Administrative Services of EDGE diversity participation and City of Bowling Green Income Tax Office for contractor payroll reporting. Completes EDGE/MBE reporting for Capital Planning. Processes contractor change orders and payment applications. Processes, tracks mechanic’s liens, and related construction project litigation and responds to public records requests. Assists and leads as necessary the Purchasing components of the Pre-bid and Pre-construction meetings. Works with Purchasing Specialist as needed to support contract execution.
- Contracting, Sourcing and Reporting: Assists with and leads RF(X)s as assigned. Works with vendors to update or renew agreements. Creates extension letters or contract amendments as necessary for review. Supports purchasing and supply chain trouble shooting and department customer service and follow up. May compile and submit state of Ohio, IUC and other GPO contract/volume reporting on behalf of University.
- Other duties as assigned/ may supervise student employees
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Follow- up and communication skills to work across a broad range of stakeholders in a decentralized environment.
- Microsoft Office proficiency and experience utilizing computer software or systems to complete tasks.
Bachelor’s degree is required. Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 2 years’ experience in a general business environment including experience with purchasing and/or procurement practices and principles
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.