Purchasing Systems Specialist
This position serves as the functional lead for all business processes and workflows located within Purchasing’s eProcurement system (Jaggaer), expense management tool (Chrome River) and Financial Management System (FMS). The incumbent manages the university’s Pcard program while maintaining compliance with university policies and procedures. The Purchasing Systems Specialist provides training, support and communication to the University community at large and resolves functional and operational issues as needed. Position works closely with the Procure to Pay Manager to achieve all Purchasing department objectives associated with the Pcard program, FMS, Jaggaer and other strategic goals as assigned.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Transaction Management: This position manages the daily and weekly transactions flowing through the University eProcurement system to the Financial Management System making sure all are processed in a timely manner and without error. Monitors all Pcard and expense reporting and the activity associated with the Pcard vendor system (Bank of America) and expense management software (Chrome River). Acts when problems arise or there are functional issues with the affected procurement systems by working with, the Procure to Pay Manager and or ITS and the system vendors as necessary to resolve the problem and informs University stakeholders once resolution is achieved. Adjusts workflow and approval protocols at the direction of the Procure to Pay Manager. Ensures all transactions are compliant with University policies and procedures.
- Pcard Administrator: This position has ownership of the Pcard program ensuring participant adherence to university Pcard policies and procedures. Manages all University purchasing card accounts: account set-up and closing, account dollar limits, other account controls (e.g. application of Merchant Category Codes to accounts). Completes purchasing card accounting responsibilities: processes accurate and timely payments to the purchasing card vendor, initiates monthly entries to applicable accounting systems. Serves as the relationship manager with the Pcard vendor on behalf of the University. Establishes objectives for the use and expansion of the purchasing card program, maintains the purchasing card user manual, develops and maintains risk and security assessment materials, analyzes and reports on program results using standard metrics to provide a clear comparison and trend analysis. Along with the Pcard program, administers other associated Pcard provider payment programs (SUA). Seeks continuous improvement in the Pcard program and informs management of concerns and or opportunities for enhancement.
- Communication and Training:This position engages with each department on campus to schedule and train individuals and provide them with the needed information to use the University's Pcard and Chrome River expense management tool as well as the eProcurement (Jaggaer). Develops training materials and makes those materials available upon request and through the web. Provides ongoing support to end-users. Tracks and provides updates to management for developing technologies, innovations, and changes in the marketplace within current systems or other potential systems. Partners with the Procure to Pay Manager as needed to support University stakeholder learning and development for unique or new initiatives.
- Reporting and Analysis: This position will review past purchasing activity in FMS, Chrome River and Jaggaer and provide analysis as requested by the Procure to Pay Manager via reports and summaries. The Purchasing Systems Specialist provides regularly scheduled reports to the Procure to Pay Manager and makes recommendations for procedure upgrades or new training as needed.
- Systems Lead:This position serves as a systems lead to identify, test, and implement best practices as they are related to system upgrades, efficiencies and workflow for e-Procurement (Jaggaer), and expense management (Chrome River and Bank of America systems) This typically involves supporting scheduled system upgrades and enhancements and testing activities, but it also includes supporting other Purchasing department-focused system enhancement initiatives on an ongoing basis.
- This position works on other duties as assigned by the Procure to Pay Manager.
- This position serves as backup to the Procure to Pay Analyst and associated vendor administration duties within the vendor onboarding system: PaymentWorks.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience in purchasing
- Strong administrative, analytical, and organizational skills
- Advanced user in Excel or spreadsheet application
- Manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated evidence of making sound judgments and decision, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function well under time constraints and deadlines
Bachelor’s degree required. Business related field preferred. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 1 to 2 year’s systems administration, analyst or management,
- 2 to 3 years process improvements,
- 2 to 3 years project management
- 1 to 2 years customer service.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 355. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: May 13, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.