Secretary - Department of Computer ScienceBGSU Office of Human Resources
Full-time position working Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Provides support to Computer Science (CS) department. Relieves supervisor of routine clerical tasks within established guidelines. Prepares correspondence, answers telephones, maintains files and performs a variety of clerical tasks to support faculty and students.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serves as receptionist. Greets and directs visitors, students, staff and faculty. Answers department phone and directs calls as appropriate.
- Prepares and/or transmits written correspondence through e-mail, fax, or hard copy as directed. Scans, photocopies and assembles materials. Opens and distributes mail.
- Assists with maintaining office equipment, including keeping photocopiers and printers stocked with toner and paper. Assists with troubleshooting and resolving equipment problems. Initiates work orders for repair when needed.
- Assists the CS graduate coordinator on graduate program related projects, including processing of graduate admission applications, processing of MS project/thesis/internship forms, maintaining confidential files related to graduate program, running reports and compiling, entering, retrieving and maintaining information in database system for graduate program, etc.
- Assists the CS Continuous Improvement Coordinator on accreditation related projects, including collecting and making copies of forms/reports, organizing assessment meetings for faculty, gathering forms/reports in binders, etc.
- Assists with department marketing and communication project, including posting news on department’s SNS (e.g., facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), handling department’s marketing materials, helping the department newsletters preparation, etc.
- May assist with scheduling and coordinating meetings and special events. Prepares agendas, types minutes, records attendance as necessary. Assists with maintaining department conference room and computer lab calendars.
- May assist faculty and staff with special departmental projects and programs occasionally.
The above statements are not intended to include all responsibilities, duties and skills, but rather to describe the general nature and level of work.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Six months related experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
Full-time classified staff position. Classified Staff Pay Grade 24/$13.67. Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: April 26, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.