SecretaryBGSU Office of Human Resources
Work Schedule: Full-time position. Days/hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Some exceptions for special events (donor and advocate group meetings). Full benefit package available.
For the Department of Theatre and Film and School of Art: coordinate events; develop and maintain address databases and coordinate mailings; review and proof-read publicity materials; attend meetings and serve as secretary for donor and advocate groups; support Marketing and Communications in collecting written and visual information about faculty, students, alumni and friends; help supervise production of printed and web-based materials for events; maintain and update information on events on web sites; other tasks as assigned;
For the Department of Theatre and Film: serve as receptionist for main office; assist with undergraduate on-line registration, prepare typed copy; maintain list serves for faculty and students; answer enquiries; package and distribute student evaluations; maintain and order office supplies; assist with mailings; prepare materials for meetings; other tasks as assigned
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure smooth and efficient operations for VIP, academic events and other public programming in the Department of Theatre and Film, the School of Art and the Fine Art Center Galleries by:
- Working with Dean’s office, Office of Alumni and Development, Marketing and Communications, alumni, donors, friends and other constituencies to organize receptions, other public programming and event planning
- Developing, maintaining and updating mailing lists; organizing mailings
- Generating and proof-reading copy for playbills, publications, posters and invitations
- Create information, consulting Chair of Theatre and Film, and Director of School of Art, and faculty as appropriate for Marketing and Communication, Development Office and other university staff handling external constituencies regarding
- Faculty and student achievements
- Generate, maintain and update information on Theatre and Film, School of Art and Fine Arts Center Galleries events web sites
- School of Art and Fine Art Center Galleries publications
- Assist in supervising production of printed and web materials for Department of Theatre and Film, School of Art and Fine Arts Center Galleries events
- Attend and serve as secretary to School of Art and Department of Theatre and Film donor and advocate groups
- Serve as receptionist for the Department of Theatre and Film main office
- Assist with undergraduate online registration
- Prepare typed copy
- Maintain list serves for faculty, graduate and undergraduate students
- Package and distribute student evaluations
- Stock paper/toner in copiers, printer and fax machine
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Assist faculty with mailing out packages by UPS or FedEx, etc
- Make copies, collate and assemble materials for meetings and special projects
- Assist faculty with instruction for the copier and fax
- Tasks as assigned by the Chair of Theatre and Film, and Director and Associate Director of the School of Art, and Theatre and Film Administrative Secretary and School of Art Senior Secretary
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing
- Ability to be detail-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, staff and the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Six months related experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degrees in Arts, Communication, Public Relations, or Business focus preferred.
- 3 to 4 years of secretarial experience preferred.
- 2 years in event planning experience preferred.
Full-time classified staff position. Classified Pay Grade 24/$13.67. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: September 13, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.