SecretaryBGSU Office of Human Resources
Twelve-month, part-time position. Approximately 20 hours per week. Days/hours will vary and may include some evening hours. Limited benefits package available, which includes retirement, workers compensation, unemployment coverage and Medicare. However, no insurance benefits are available. Please note BGSU will no longer allow employees to hold more than one part-time job at a time.
Works under the direction of the Director/Administrative Assistant and performs a variety of clerical duties related to client reception and registration, mental health record management, and supporting clinical staff.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary front desk receptionist; makes decisions and solves problems in response to walk-in traffic and telephone contacts.
- Relays information from clients to counselors and others (as well as the reverse) while maintaining confidentiality.
- Collects, balances, and processes payments.
- Provides information on Counseling Center services to clients, students, parents, visitors, faculty, and staff.
- Maintains the appearance of the reception area and other shared space within the Center (e.g., Records Room, Fax Room, Group Room and Conference room).
- Assists in maintaining client records, updating databases, running reports and performing other duties as needed.
- Maintains the appointment calendars for all Counseling Center staff.
- Distributes mail and completes “task box” duties (e.g., photocopies/scans materials for staff, disseminates written information, etc.)
- Prepares and transmits written correspondence through e-mail, fax or hard copy as directed.
- Assists with the design, revision, and reproduction of brochures, handouts, manuals and other Center materials.
- Provides assistance to the administrative assistant with entering and maintaining data in Excel spreadsheets for Center reports.
- Maintains the Center’s self-help library.
- Assists with the ordering and maintenance of office supplies, initiates work orders and helps trouble shoot, computer, telephone and equipment issues.
- Serves on internal Center committees as needed.
The above statements are not intended to include all responsibilities, duties and skills, but rather to describe the general nature and level of work.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing
- Ability to be detail-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, staff and the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Six months related experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- One year of experience in office practices and procedures.
- Experience providing support to multiple staff members.
- Knowledge of Excel and Outlook.
- Able to multitask while working in a fast past environment.
- One year of experience in customer service.
Twelve-month, part-time position. Approximately 20 hours per week. Days/hours will vary and may include some evening hours. Limited benefits package available, which includes retirement, workers compensation, unemployment coverage and Medicare. However, no insurance benefits are available.
Please note BGSU will no longer allow employees to hold more than one part-time job at a time.
Pay Grade 24/$13.67.
Deadline to apply: June 21, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.