Oversees the programming and operations of access and security systems (i.e. Lenel) for residential facilities. Partners with ITS and Campus Operations Lock Shop on the upgrades and maintenance of the security systems. Serves as a point person for residential students with regards to facilities workorders. Provides training to all residential staff on access systems. Serve on call for access and facilities concerns in the evening and weekends.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintains the computerized security access and key systems for residential facilities, including monitoring, programming, back-ups, PED inventory, software upgrades and training.
- Manages key inventory, distribution and collection system for facilities' staff members.
- Plans, develops, and implements computerized security access and key systems, including industry standard upgrades, cost estimates, renovation consultation and development projects.
- Obtains information from security system to assist with investigations.
- Review and follow up with students who put in work orders in the residence halls
- Serve on call for evening and weekend concerns around access and facilities.
- Training of residential staff (300 plus employees) on Lenel software and Key Watcher.
- Assists with maintenance/troubleshooting of systems
- Works with contractors in repairing/upgrading/troubleshooting/purchasing of equipment or parts for Lenel and Key watcher
- Maintains parts inventory for repairs
- Conducts regular system tests and checks
- Maintains databases related to fobs/ID cards
- Creates PED as needed
- Works in conjunction with IT/Campus Ops and Outside contractors to upgrade systems as needed
- Consults on renovation/construction specifications and design for Lenel system
The above statements are not intended to include all responsibilities, duties and skills, but rather to describe the general nature and level of work.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Ability to perform basic computer programming
- Ability to operate hand and/or power tools appropriate to the trade
- Two years related experience required
- Some college coursework or training in electronics or security systems required
Full-time, twelve-month classified staff position. Classified Pay Grade 27/$18.92. Full benefit package available.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.