Senior Administrative Assistant
Independently provides a range of business operations skills to support department(s). Monitors, reconciles and reports on monthly department budgets, grants and/or other relevant financial data. Provides overall coordination, accounting and clerical support required for day-to-day operations of the department. Audits department records. Communicates financial policies/procedures to the department.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serves as Business Operations’ administrative support coordinator. Ensures that all related operational and administrative tasks are completed according to deadlines and dedicates attention and effort to managing offices, calendars, events, meetings and supporting general administrative task completion for the Director of EH&S and Risk Management, the Director and Executive Director of Business Operations and other Business Operations’ staff members as needed. May supervise and schedule student employees for the department.
- Centrally manages and maintains the expiring vendor contract database and facilitates review and updating with Purchasing staff and departments through regular reporting. Creates extension letters or contract amendments as necessary for review. Monitors and updates RFP calendar for department. In conjunction with the Purchasing Specialists schedules and plans vendor business reviews. Compiles and submits IUC, EPA, MBE/EDGE and other GPO contract/volume reporting on behalf of University. May work on and be responsible for compiling and completing other department summaries such as key performance indicators and or other compliance-related tracking.
- Monitors and manages university vehicle and title/registration/insurance process to ensure University compliance with federal, state and local laws. Responsible for the Motor Vehicle Reports MVR process: process requests, maintain driving records, manage database, makes insurability decisions, maintains state approvals, enrolls drivers in online training, tracks approved drivers, manages declinations.
- Monitors EH&S and Risk department notifications. Coordinates summary reporting for Environmental Health and Safety. Maintains database of insurance certificates for Risk Management. Receives/electronically files all certificates of insurance for contracts. Responsible for auto insurance program: maintains list, charges annual premium, handles ID cards and packets. Assists with annual insurance premium distribution process: compiles data, processes journals. Communicates with all new employees regarding EHS training requirements. Supports radiation safety: prepares outgoing dosimeters for shipment, processes incoming dosimeters for distribution, maintains monthly radiation reports. Monitors incoming injury reports, manages Compliance Suite software and data import used for annual required reporting, creates annual OSHA/PEERP reports, follows up with incident reporters for required paperwork.
- Disseminates, develops and tracks department(s) budgets. Initiates and reconciles budget transactions, including journal entries, department transfers, revenue and orders. Compiles and distributes individualized financial reports, identifies issues and recommends solutions. Processes invoices for payment.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to accurately receive and disburse cash whether currency, credit cards, checks or other payment forms
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Ability to use sound judgment, tact and discretion when working with confidential files
- One to two years related experience required; must include progressive administrative experience
- High school diploma or GED required
Full-time classified staff position. The hiring range for this position is $19.78 - $21.64, based on previous experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.