Senior Administrative AssistantBGSU Office of Human Resources
Position Summary: The Senior Administrative Assistant performs high-level work of a confidential nature and facilitates the daily operations of the HR Department. This position will report directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides high-level administrative support to the Chief Human Resources Officer. Tasks include, managing calendar, phone calls, meetings, conferences, travel and expense, prepare correspondence, organize tasks, etc.
- Oversees the HR budget operations, including the operational, personnel and project budgets. Process invoices and reconcile monthly expenses. Prepare check requests and travel/expense reimbursements. Assist department with expenditure control and fiscal accountability
- Coordinates the daily activities of the HR Department. Answers multi-line phone system, routes calls, opens and distributes mail. Review and responds to correspondence and requests as needed. Research and analyze data to write or edit reports, presentations, policies, etc. Order supplies and maintain proper inventories.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings and special events. Schedules and secures meeting location, prepares agendas and other documents for distribution.
- Handles all aspects of administrative support (non-routine or routine) in a timely and professional manner. Assist with special projects and events.
- Serves as the communication liaison with other University Departments and Offices. Research and respond to questions from faculty, staff, students and the general public.
- Maintains documentation and other records for the department. Prepares reports and evaluations as needed
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to accurately receive and disburse cash whether currency, credit cards, checks or other payment forms
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Ability to use sound judgment, tact and discretion when working with confidential files
- One to two years related experience required; must include progressive administrative experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- High-level of professionalism, good judgement, discretion and high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, staff and the public
- Ability to make administrative decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential matters
- Previous experience working with budgets
- Ability to take initiative, follow through on request until completion, and utilize a keen attention to detail
Full-time classified staff position. Pay Grade 27/$18.20. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: May 31, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.